What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't Laugh ;)

Journey - Next 1977

Their 3rd album and right before Steve Perry joined Journey

This album is Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome :banana: The previous 2 were nothing like the Journey you know and neither is this one, except for the Greg Rollie Vocals that appeared on some latter well known songs on the next Album infinty like Feeling That way/Anytime and Just The Same way later........

Some people may not know that Neal Schon and Greg Rollie were part of Santana's early backing band - so they have awesome pedigree

But check this album out - very koo - Opens up with a song called Spaceman - was playing in my car..........replayed the song 3 times on the way to work and Snood rarely does that and each song after was like hmmm that was pretty good. :yikes

Check it out (y)

Don't Laugh ;)

Journey - Next 1977

Their 3rd album and right before Steve Perry joined Journey

This album is Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome :banana: The previous 2 were nothing like the Journey you know and neither is this one, except for the Greg Rollie Vocals that appeared on some latter well known songs on the next Album infinty like Feeling That way/Anytime and Just The Same way later........

Some people may not know that Neal Schon and Greg Rollie were part of Santana's early backing band - so they have awesome pedigree

But check this album out - very koo - Opens up with a song called Spaceman - was playing in my car..........replayed the song 3 times on the way to work and Snood rarely does that and each song after was like hmmm that was pretty good. :yikes

Check it out (y)

How old are you , Snood???...ahhh, don't answer that, it's a rhetorical question ;)

Back in the day , a friend of the family was raving about "infinity", so I got "Evolution" (I even gave a copy to my 1st girlfriend...a FIRST pressing because the title listing in the back was not in order, which was corrected on the 2nd pressing, which is the one I still have)...I was a big fan..Still have all of those LPs except for "Infinity" which was stolen in College when my appendix burst...oh, well...

I still have "In the beginning", a 2 LP sampler of their first three LPs-got it when it came out..79(??)...and was pleasantly surprised by how different it was..mostly prog/spacey/hard rock with Gregg on vocals. They even had Ross take voice lessons so he could do back vox!

The joke was that Gregg often told interviewers to not "divulge" the fact that he was Santana's first singer...

They even had a singer, Robert Fleischman (there are a few videos on youtoob with him live)
before Steve joined, which didn't work out cause he didn't have the pipes or whatever, BUT he did get writing credits for a few songs on "Infinity" ...

BTW, I eventually got the 1st three LPs on CD several years ago and I really like them...one of my favorite songs from that period was "People" (from "Next"), curiously co-written by Aynsley Dunbar (!!!)...

Really trippy....

They eventually tapped into that style when they did the "Dream after dream" soundtrack, which I got as a Japanese pressing on CD which now goes for SILLY MONEY according to Discogs!!!!

OH boy, 3 new. 41cWJvdOk1L._SY180_.jpg511CGYVvjcL._SY180_.jpg91twtEezphL._SX522_.jpg

SICP-5401.jpgSICP-5402.jpgSICP-5403.jpgSICP-5404.jpgSICP-5406.jpgSICP-5407.jpgSICP-5408.jpgSICP-5409.jpg
Pink Floyd, I now own the best versions SHM CD, arrived today (8 Discs) wave 1.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/feature/pink_floyd_japan_original_15_mini_lp_reissues
In Japan paper sleeve CD of Pink Floyd were out in 2001 and they were sold well.
When Sony gets whole catalogue of PF in 2016, they ask manegement to release paper sleeve CD again.
Band and manegement allow to release them only in Japan for 50th anniversry.
They will be closer to original analogue UK LP(paper quality,trying to add posters, postcards, stickers came with original release, change to E-type sleeve from A-type in 2001 etc)
As to sound, they have sent many test pressing to James Guthrie for 1 & 1/2 years, then, obtain a licence to release at last.
Edit: These are not SHM CD, they are RBCD, I made a mistake however they sound really good and the music is awesome.

Last edited:
Found this this interesting box the other day, Neil and Jack white go real old school.

This limited edition box set includes: 1 standard 12" LP, 1 "direct feed from the booth" audiophile 12" LP, seven 6" clear vinyl discs, 1 standard CD, 1 DVD, 1 32-page, 12" x 12" book, and a download card to redeem the digital album of the "direct feed from the booth" audiophile version. The DVD captures the original electro-mechanical process, along with comments from the producers and recording engineers.
This release comes in a genuine and authentic hand-made packaging, meaning that no two copies are exactly the same. Additionally, each release can have a different picture attached to the sleeve with packing tape along with a hand-written name and title.

Neil.jpg

what? Are you ordering those??? I have not....a bit pricey...

i think that it's not that bad of price...come on, it's SIXTY EIGHT CDs
AAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNDDDD
SIGNED by the Johnny HIMSELF!!!

If I were a fan , I'd get it!

Last edited:
They all should've been hybrid SACDs......especially at THAT price! I mean, com'on, SONY owns the SACD pressing plants and it would've cost them next to nothing.

The ONLY SACD available from Mathis is his Christmas Album in multichannel: http://hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=688

yet again a Sony mega box set of an artist with Quads in their back catalogue (at least 7 Johnny Mathis Quads saw release back in the day) and yet seemingly no Quad included :(

yet again a Sony mega box set of an artist with Quads in their back catalogue (at least 7 Johnny Mathis Quads saw release back in the day) and yet seemingly no Quad included :(

8 actually(9, if you count the double live), but now I am curious if the SQ masters might have been used. Anyone up to buying it to check?:lookaround

7 studio albums and 1 live, which does indeed make 8 releases, actually, i stand corrected.
7.. 8.. 9.. however many, its still a shame none of them appear to be included in this set.

Just got home from a vinyl store on campus at Illinois State University....

Jefferson Airplane - Volunteers
Bee Gees - Trafalgar
Amboy Dukes - Marriage On The Rocks

Back