What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Essential Janis Joplin 2 CD I've been buying ALL her records since '68. Although I have ALL these tracks on other collections & albums, I couldn't go wrong for $7 sealed. There never was and never will be a rock & roll singer to equal or exceed her talent, IMHO.
cd-cover.jpg

Film Cuts - The Chieftains CD
norm_front_6bb6.jpeg

A punk rock immersion box? Doesn't that go against everything punk rock stands for? Instead of stickin' it to the man, now they are stickin' it to the fans.

At the risk of being cynical, which I AM, they've ALWAYS been sticking it to the fans. If you believed all that anti-establishment hippie, beatnick, folkie, punk rock or any rebel du jour, you're a fool. Yeah, I dig the music and the sentiment, but all the managers, agents, record labels, and most of the artists are money grubbers and phonies. Few of them really believe all the rhetoric they espouse.

Opiates of the masses. - Karl Marx, or was that Groucho or Chico?

A punk rock immersion box? Doesn't that go against everything punk rock stands for? Instead of stickin' it to the man, now they are stickin' it to the fans.

I love Black Sabbath and Ozzy but I don't understand how it would have been selling out for them to attend the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame Ceremony, but Ozzy can have his own reality show. You may say well hey, thats just Ozzy, what about everyone else. Tony Iommi spent the greater part of the 80's and 90's trying to keep Black Sabbath's sound reflective of whatever was happening in mainstream metal.

At least Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley are keepin' it real.

Just picked up the three re-released Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros LP/CD combos. Bonus tracks on the CD's. I already owned all three on CD, but getting them on vinyl, plus the CD bonus tracks was enough for me to bite. My original Rock Art CD (as well as my Combat Rock CD) was signed by Joe. Damn, I miss him.

joe-strummer-mescaleros-reissues.jpg

While in the record store I also found a NM vinyl copy of Stevie Wonder's Innervisions.

stevie-wonder-innervisions-front.jpg

I've found that electric violin can sound pretty awesome. Haven't listened to that much though. Maybe I should add that to the "to the listen to list"

Look for the 12" EP with Dead Man's Curve. You will quickly forget who Jan and Dean are! Nash the Slash also was in FM and did some soundtracks as well. I've never heard a bad album from him. If you find you like one thing from him, you'll appreciate all his albums without feeling like you are hearing the same thing over again. Just a shameless plug for a fellow Canadian.

Definitely recommend Nash the Slash recordings. He's done a lot of varied stuff from the heavy rock, cool cover versions, soundtracks and the proggy stuff with FM. Actually, I used to hang out with him quite a bit back when I lived in Toronto.

More dollar records

K-Tel 50 Children's Songs
The Best Of Blondie
Me Myself And I De La Soul 12" Single
Isaac Hayes Black Moses (with the fold out cross sleeve)
Wishbone Ash
Moby Grape
Prince And The Revolution Parade
Madonna
Paul Kantner/Grace Slick Sunfighter
Eurythmics Be Yourself Tonight
Eurythmics Touch
Jefferson Starship Dragonfly
Adam And The Ants Kings Of The Wild Frontier
Outlaws Lady In Waiting
Doobie Brothers Stampede
Joan Baez 5

And for $5 I got a 5 record box set

The Motown Story The First Decade Limited Edition

Iris Dement - Sing the Delta LP. Her first collection of original songs in 16 years. Should be in the mailbox tomorrow.

51yFHM0QWZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

While I was at it I picked up the Fair and Square LP by her sometime duet partner, John Prine.

51sALV+l4SL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Back