What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. All

Another bunch of matrix LP`s came today.

( Recar Records. QS PCA 5000QS-1 -Hits Of Now )-
( CBS. SQ SOLJ-49 -All About Micheal Polnareff )-
( Epic. SQ ECPN-37 -Beck-Bogert-Appice )-

View attachment 27649
View attachment 27650
View attachment 27651

View attachment 27652
View attachment 27653
View attachment 27654

View attachment 27655
View attachment 27656
View attachment 27657

found away back

I must have that Hits Of Now QS record.. NOW...!!!

"Get back Quaddy cat... Oowww!!"

Meeoowww.. :kitty:

Yes that was a good catch, the artist how are singing are not the originals but do a good job & there is no reference to who they are, a great pity
there is about 2 hours of good songs of that period.............:music

I must have that Hits Of Now QS record.. NOW...!!!

"Get back Quaddy cat... Oowww!!"

Meeoowww.. :kitty:

@BBQ,

I used to have that Sony/Epic. Beck, Bogert, Appice disc.

That's when I first noticed that SONY JAPAN indicated on the lp cover's spine, a little "SQ" emblem !? Kinda cool I thought. An additional quad indicator for their discs.:D

Yes most of the Japanese CBS & EPIC LP`s had that nifty SQ symbol on the spine cover, not all but most a good reference to identify a LP.

IMG_1306.jpg

Last edited:
Tea For The Two Tillermen - Muzak in a mellow mood played by Stephane Grapejuice & Yahoo Get Dee Menu In (on Ess Kew El Pee)

Quadraphonomonic in 1978, I hear you cry..!?
Just think it could have been Saturday Night Fever in Quad if things had been different, instead of Thursday afternoon tea with your feet up in Sorta Quad..

Hi. All

I was all was wondering if the QS or the SQ matrix decode, which would be better than the other ??????
anybody have 2 of the kind how has tried.

I know it's not a great Quad mix and I have the SQ album already, but hey it's John Lennon. This is the RM (QS) version from Japan.View attachment 27749

Mike Oldfield's LPs "Exposed" & the additional album in the 1976 Boxed, "Collaborations" are being re-released on Vinyl. As these were both SQ only releases I would expect them to still be Quad encoded.

Mike Oldfield's LPs "Exposed" & the additional album in the 1976 Boxed, "Collaborations" are being re-released on Vinyl. As these were both SQ only releases I would expect them to still be Quad encoded.

not intended as a threadcrap Duncan (or technically a 'post crap'?) but it is weird sometimes the things that get reissued, the "Exposed" vinyl set is ultra common you can get a decent copy any day of the week for a couple of quid.. "Collaborations" is a bit more interesting, though apparently the old CD "Boxed" set is SQ encoded too (I ought to try the "Boxed" CDs thru the Surround Master one of these days.. just a bit of a faff doing CDs thru it as its all hooked up to the turntable for SQ/QS record decoding duty and I can't be arsed pulling everything apart for a few CDs that may or may not actually be encoded after all.. :eek: )

Hi. All

I was all was wondering if the QS or the SQ matrix decode, which would be better than the other ??????

dunno Bill but they'd probably turn out quite different, I'd 'imagine' (pun intended ;) )
..I'd probably favour the QS thru the Surround Master in principle, as you wouldn't have such noticeable front channel vocals bleeding to the rears as you do with SQ.. both QS and SQ versions of Imagine are on my shopping list I just want mint ones for pennies which may never happen (especially not in the case of the JP QS) but I'm holding out for them in great nick on the cheap anyway :)

Hi. All

What you're asking is what's better SQ or QS. From my avatar you can see which one I usually prefer, but SQ's strength is full left right separation, which may not matter that much for a recording such as this, which may benefit from more even sound distribution. In fact I like the sound of this release, Japanese vinyl is always superb and it has none of SQ's fogginess. The decoder you use could tip the balance between the two, currently my Tate is broken. This record sounds good on both the QSD-1 and Photolume decoders.

Back