What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the Q8 too, and the mix was pretty good , not "rockem sockem"good but not to be dismissed.

The actual music on the disc can be a treat and a terror, some songs sound like a very early 78 record with all it's crappy sounds, but some songs are very good, not all are bad though.So with what was provided I think it's a good quad mix, maybe better.

BTW I think my disc is a GERMAN/EUROPEAN pressing, and I still like EMI 'S pressings and prefer them to CANADIAN/US.I don't think the Toshiba pressings would warrant a best of rating overall when compared to European pressings by EMI.I have never been disapointed with any of mine anyway.

Much of Imagine has fidelity like mud. Yes, some of it doesn't sound so bad, fidelity-wise. In addition to Quads, I have an original UK CD, Mofi Gold CD, as well as part of the John Lennon 11 CD Signature box set from 2010.

Perhaps it goes without saying that much of the material is among his best.

I bought the DVD-V documentary Gimme Some Truth, perhaps 15 years ago. I believe it is OOP. I prefer the 5.1 on that to the Imagine SQ/Q8.

Much of Imagine has fidelity like mud. Yes, some of it doesn't sound so bad, fidelity-wise. In addition to Quads, I have an original UK CD, Mofi Gold CD, as well as part of the John Lennon 11 CD Signature box set from 2010.

Perhaps it goes without saying that much of the material is among his best.

I bought the DVD-V documentary Gimme Some Truth, perhaps 15 years ago. I believe it is OOP. I prefer the 5.1 on that to the Imagine SQ/Q8.

I had that dvd as well, and was rather p.o.'d that it only contained snippets of the album in surround.File that one under false advertising.

Doesn't this cover a lot of good Lennon stuff in 5.1?

image.jpg

3 SQ encoded experimental Disc's

PHILIPS Tschaikovsky V1 Symphony I don't know by who

Deutsche Grammophon The Planets William Steingerg Boston Sym.

POLYDOR Superstar Arthur Fiedler Boston Pops

I have not player them yet still drying the Man Cave

3 SQ encoded experimental Disc's

PHILIPS Tschaikovsky V1 Symphony I don't know by who

Deutsche Grammophon The Planets William Steingerg Boston Sym.

POLYDOR Superstar Arthur Fiedler Boston Pops

I have not player them yet still drying the Man Cave

Please take photos and post them to QQ when you can?

Neil's only quadraphonic LP. The American pressing has the "SQ Quadraphonic" logo at the top of the front cover.

Interesting they flipped the artwork, would've been more appropriate for the Australian pressing.. :ugham:

I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for one of those UK promo SQ pressings of his "Beautiful Noise" album..

Interesting they flipped the artwork, would've been more appropriate for the Australian pressing.. :ugham:

I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for one of those UK promo SQ pressings of his "Beautiful Noise" album..

Really!

A second Diamond Quad disc, one even better yet.

Good luck with that.

-der fizzle

PS find two, I need one

View attachment 20739View attachment 20740
I am loving this. It sounds amazingly discrete. It has heavy vinyl like 60's ABC discs from North America. I only complain about the like crackle of a loved piece of vinyl. Perhaps after a wet cleaning it will improve, but come on, it's B.B. King, I just couldn't wait to hear it. It is better than the greatest hits LP for quad separation and this version of The Thrill Is Gone is killer!

The Q4 Japanese reel is amazing, I had no idea this was a Matrix record as well! Is the there a channel identification sequence in Japanese at the start? Can you supply the record ID for this as well?

My favorite here is 'Hummingbird' which really swaggers hard. Although I remember the reel does seem to have the Blues Boy's vocal a little lower in the mix than I'd like, is that the same here I wonder?

Boy you said it all,Clint!!!!

Not to mention all the informative liner notes.The "art work"alone is worth collecting.

It's always interesting to see how the labels incorporate the quad logo within the sleeve art.

Well..."back in the day"...they had another useful application...they were great at separating the stems from the seeds..hehe...just apply a little gravity and tilt the album cover and it was like the "cannabis 500" race:smokin

Back