What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FOR GODS SAKE FREDBLUE ITS THE LAST DAY OF 2015 AND YOU ARE STILL BUYING UP THE WORLDS SUPPLY OF SQ RECORDS! WHATS GOING TO BE LEFT IN 2016? ARE YOU USING NSA SATELLITES TO TRACK THEM DOWN?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Haha.. :D :eek: Happy New Year matey! :wave

Hope 2016 brings you health, wealth and happiness.. and lots more wonderful music in Quad and 5.1..! :upthumb

Haha.. :D.. ohhhh I knoooowww... I can't sugar coat it, its abysmal... my heart sank when I first opened up the packet and went through the records and saw that sleeve.. but surprisingly - shockingly even given the state of the sleeve - it plays alright, better than alright, tbh after just one quick wash it was clear there was a major disparity between sleeve and record condition.. and it decoded like a good'un (still prefer the surround mix on "Phoenix" with the girls' voices panned all over the place, its more inventive I reckon.. hopefully AF will redo that other Labelle Quad on Surround SACD too-wooo... ;) )

I've come across that (terrible sleeve/great vinyl) many times too. It seems like in the 70's they were using cheaper/thinner cardboard to save money, maybe they were putting less ink in to it as a result hence the worn sleeve? To be fair though, the sleeve is doing exactly what it was designed to do - protect the record. I get a lot more worried about the condition of vinyl when I get records that have no inner sleeve/liner/poly bag/whatever because to me that's the sign of someone who doesn't care about their records. I've had a few like that and the records inside look like they were used as frisbees or something, they're so scratched up!

And I agree with you about Labelle 'Phoenix' - a perfect example of how there was a big jump in the quality of quad mixes each year, the ones from '75 like Phoenix are excellent. Despite the lack of a big hit single like Lady Marmalade I hope AF considers doing this one too.

These two titles are beginning to collect dust, so I thought I'd post pics.

Both early EV-4 titles.

20160101_164843.jpg20160101_164856.jpg20160101_164920.jpg20160101_164927.jpg20160101_164941.jpg

A US release of Bob Dylan's "Desire" in SQ. LP is VG++, I haven't had time to play it yet but visually looks good. Nice to finally to have a copy after so many failures.

PS: Thanks to Adam for spotting it and PM'ing me. Cheers mate. :upthumb

A US release of Bob Dylan's "Desire" in SQ. LP is VG++, I haven't had time to play it yet but visually looks good. Nice to finally to have a copy after so many failures.

PS: Thanks to Adam for spotting it and PM'ing me. Cheers mate. :upthumb

You're v.welcome, anytime :)

Glad you found a good one, or rather a very very good ++ one ;)

Oh that reminds me! (thanks Duncan! :upthumb) a few new (well, old but new!) Matrix Quad SQ & QS LPs that have come in I forgot all about, include..

Quincy Jones - Body Heat (SQ),

Santana & Alice Coltrane - Illuminations (SQ),

Synergy/Electronic Realisations For Rock Orchestra - Larry Fast (QS).

I will do some quick pics tomorrow and upload them to my bucket of photos so I can include them herewith :)

I have NO idea if that worked.. or what I did.. can anybody see a pic? :eek:

Did it add to the QQ server bandwidth? I unticked a box saying "retrieve remote file and reference locally" or something as that sounded like it might be pig Latin gobbledygook for "take up QQ space"..? :yikes

Well, pictures can be seen here. Also the "" tags, so that part works.

-Kristian

Illuminations - Santana & Coltrane (SQ LP).

388ADC52-324F-415D-A889-06A594388746_zps1hi9hk8f.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

It definitely worked, and I can see from the BBCode that you're linking from photobucket rather than from the QQ server. You've actually overdone it as you've made your images clickable links to your photobucket!

I love this album btw, and it's a real showcase in surround with all of Alice Coltrane's string arrangements. Santana's playing on Illuminations is a really interesting contrast to a lot of the shredding he was doing around this time on other projects, between the Santana albums (Welcome, Borboletta) the album with John McLaughlin (Love, Devotion, Surrender) and the live album with Buddy Miles. On this album you get a lot of single notes sustaining until they dissolve in to feedback, which really suits the meditative nature of the music.

It definitely worked, and I can see from the BBCode that you're linking from photobucket rather than from the QQ server. You've actually overdone it as you've made your images clickable links to your photobucket!

I love this album btw, and it's a real showcase in surround with all of Alice Coltrane's string arrangements. Santana's playing on Illuminations is a really interesting contrast to a lot of the shredding he was doing around this time on other projects, between the Santana albums (Welcome, Borboletta) the album with John McLaughlin (Love, Devotion, Surrender) and the live album with Buddy Miles. On this album you get a lot of single notes sustaining until they dissolve in to feedback, which really suits the meditative nature of the music.

Thanks Dave :)

Oh I've overdone it!? How unusual.. :eek:

You can't see any photos of things others shouldn't see?

Like pictures of cute little pussies or dogs riding bicycles in my photobucket?

Back