What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All American Boy - Rick Derringer (SQ LP).

Hoping my 3rd copy (which looks in great shape) will, unlike the other 2, play all the way through without snapping, crackling and popping it's way through! :eek:

Hi. All

I`m back from my 6 weeks holiday in the South Island of New Zealand great weather great time, got a lot to catching up with..
Bill...

( PYE. QS QUAD-1021 The Music of Gilbert O`Sullivan )-
( Turnabout. QS QTV-S 34643 Mendelssohn Symphony No. 4 " Italian " )-
( CBS. SQ SOCN 15-16 Mahler Symphony No. 2 in C Minor " Resurrection " )-
( Harmonia Mundi EMI. SQ 1C 065-99 602 Q Tomas Luis De Victoria )-
( CBS. SQ PZQ 33807 The O`Jays-Family Reunion )-

IMG_0961.jpg
IMG_0962.jpg
IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg
IMG_0965.jpg
IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg
IMG_0968.jpg
IMG_0969.jpg

Hi fizzy.
I admit I have a large collection of Quad LP`s CD-4- SQ- QS in total about over thousand ? but I have been buying more in the last 6 years than I bought in the last 30 od-years, and. No the postage is a grate killer on the cost it`s not so bad if you can buy 2 or 3 items from the same person to combined the postage, if the postage goes up anymore its going to kill buying period for me anyway.????? .......it`s hard to kick the habit .........:beer2

Bill...

Oh and BIGBILL, is no slouch either!!!

Must be good exchange on N.Z. $ ?(y)

Hi fizzy.
I admit I have a large collection of Quad LP`s CD-4- SQ- QS in total about over thousand ? but I have been buying more in the last 6 years than I bought in the last 30 od-years, and. No the postage is a grate killer on the cost it`s not so bad if you can buy 2 or 3 items from the same person to combined the postage, if the postage goes up anymore its going to kill buying period for me anyway.????? .......it`s hard to kick the habit .........:beer2

Bill...

I hear you, BBQ

I've also noticed shipping costs interfere with my postal purchasing.Like most everyone else it can limit the # of one's purchases.The "plus" side is of course getting something in your mailbox you ACTUALLY want, instead of bills and adverts.

The only South American quad I own.

It's the cd/dvd of Deep Purple-Stormbringer......hard to see but it says producto Argentina. Don't know how my local vendor managed to get this over a U.K. edition ?? But he did.:)

20160426_191718.jpg20160426_191747.jpg20160426_192125.jpg20160426_192323.jpg

I guess with the advent of international shipping worldwide, anythings possible nowadays.

although I'd rather show an lp of quad, this is the best I can get for S.A. discs.

There were also (or so I was led to believe) WEA QUAD lps encoded in QS rather than cd-4 ?? for the South American market.

the fezzywiggle

The only South American quad I own.

It's the cd/dvd of Deep Purple-Stormbringer......hard to see but it says producto Argentina. Don't know how my local vendor managed to get this over a U.K. edition ?? But he did.:)

View attachment 25906View attachment 25907View attachment 25908View attachment 25909

I guess with the advent of international shipping worldwide, anythings possible nowadays.

although I'd rather show an lp of quad, this is the best I can get for S.A. discs.

There were also (or so I was led to believe) WEA QUAD lps encoded in QS rather than cd-4 ?? for the South American market.

the fezzywiggle

What's the region code on that disc? It's too blurry to read. If it's a region 4 disc, you need an open-zone player to play it in the UK. If it's region 0, it'll play anywhere.

Don't know, don't have it with me. But it's irrelevant to me cause it plays just fine for my purposes.

I was asking because, in the US, multi-zone players were not supposed to be sold. It's not to say you couldn't get them, just not in stores. That's why I was asking. If it's only for region 4, that's for Central/South America, New Zealand, and Australia. North America is region 1, Europe 2. If the code is 0 or all, it plays everywhere with no problem.

Back