Which albums would you like to hear in 5.1 surround?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone there to "borrow" the files afterward? :D

great find Marek! (y)
i'm tempted to go.. not sure i can be trusted in the dark! :devilish:

Mute is, i suspect, one of those labels that for as many 5.1's as they put out they have as many again in the can.. we know they've more Goldfrapp surround mixes in the bag for starters.. maybe someday some of these might see the light of day on an anniversary or super deluxe release or something..

i'm tempted to go.. not sure i can be trusted in the dark! :devilish:

Mute is, i suspect, one of those labels that for as many 5.1's as they put out they have as many again in the can.. we know they've more Goldfrapp surround mixes in the bag for starters.. maybe someday some of these might see the light of day on an anniversary or super deluxe release or something..
Did anyone say Black Cherry?! :eek:

Weeell, actually, Play turns 20 this May according to this list, so a super deluxe edition (hint, hint) is better due now than never, methinks;)

BTW, also on that list: Californication by RHCP (sure, why not), Fragile by NIN (years overdue!), Make Yourself by Incubus (I'd like to) and Beck's Midnite Vultures (hell yes!!!)

Did anyone say Black Cherry?! :eek:

Weeell, actually, Play turns 20 this May according to this list, so a super deluxe edition (hint, hint) is better due now than never, methinks;)

BTW, also on that list: Californication by RHCP (sure, why not), Fragile by NIN (years overdue!), Make Yourself by Incubus (I'd like to) and Beck's Midnite Vultures (hell yes!!!)

Californication remastered, now with a DR of 2... Yeah :poop:

Californication remastered, now with a DR of 2... Yeah :poop:
10... 5... 1... ;)

OK, that's the reason for a hi-res/mch treatment, things can only get better:
1546598335674.png

I found an unofficial unmastered version with a DR of 8.

I'll have to check my RHCP live DVDs if there is a surround track.

As we say in the US of A, Derek ..... NBD [No Big Deal]. I wish the actual album PLAY was remixed into 5.1 and released in Hi Res!

Yeah, it's not the same thing as a fully-fledged multichannel mix of Play. If and when that's released my pennies will be at the ready

And something may be brewin'...
View attachment 37403

Yep there's a surround mix on the Moby - Play DVD Video, although I don't remember it being particularly great either? Given this is in the dark (you even get a blindfold :eek:) it must be a different, proper version? Not sure if I'll be up north on the 23rd January otherwise I'd book a ticket to find out... :unsure:

10 squid available here...
https://bookings.thecastlecinema.co..._545.TcsPerformance_1200672.TcsSection_486227

Yep there's a surround mix on the Moby - Play DVD Video, although I don't remember it being particularly great either? Given this is in the dark (you even get a blindfold :eek:) it must be a different, proper version? Not sure if I'll be up north on the 23rd January otherwise I'd book a ticket to find out... :unsure:

10 squid available here...
https://bookings.thecastlecinema.co..._545.TcsPerformance_1200672.TcsSection_486227

Do go Master Smithers and talk the producers into releasing a 5.1 SACD version of PLAY through Dutton Vocalion.

You ARE hired to be QQ Forum's OFFICIAL EMISSARY. And don't forget to wear the blindfold for maximum isolation.

Do go Master Smithers and talk the producers into releasing a 5.1 SACD version of PLAY through Dutton Vocalion.

You ARE hired to be QQ Forum's OFFICIAL EMISSARY. And don't forget to wear the blindfold for maximum isolation.

Ooh I like that idea! Very James Bond! Do I get a licence to kill/thrill?!?

"Shocking, positively shocking - that thish album hasn't been releashed...." will be my first warning shot words to them...

Of course the blindfold isn't that helpful for a secret agent! :cool:

Ooh I like that idea! Very James Bond! Do I get a licence to kill/thrill?!?

"Shocking, positively shocking - that thish album hasn't been releashed...." will be my first warning shot words to them...

Of course the blindfold isn't that helpful for a secret agent! :cool:

BTW, MUTE RECORDS did release all the Depeche Mode albums on SACD and stateside through Warner/RHINO as DVD~Vs in DTS 5.1 https://www.hraudio.net/search.php?format=0&keywords=depeche+m

And yes, Smithers, be forceful. PLAY desperately needs a 5.1 release and a stand alone BD~A would be excellent! Work your magic! Eyes wide SHUT!

If I'm not mistaken MUTE RECORDS has put out some surround albums....I think they're DVD~V lossy though but could be wrong.

some Mute 5.1 releases;

Can - DVD (DVD),
Depeche Mode catalogue (12 albums; SACD + DVD),
Einsturzende Neubauten - Perpetuum Mobile (DVD EP),
Goldfrapp - Supernature (SACD + DVD),
Goldfrapp - Tales Of Us (DVD),
Liars - Drums Not Dead (DVD),
Moby - Play (DVD),
Nick Cave & Bad Seeds - (14? x DVDs)
Non - Children Of The Black Sun (DVD),
Paul Van Dyk - Global (DVD),
Recoil - Subhuman (DVD),
Residents (DVD, no
idea about content or mixes),
Yazoo - In Your Room 2-fer (DVD)

some Mute 5.1 releases;

Can - DVD (DVD),
Depeche Mode catalogue (12 albums; SACD + DVD),
Einsturzende Neubauten - Perpetuum Mobile (DVD EP),
Goldfrapp - Supernature (SACD + DVD),
Goldfrapp - Tales Of Us (DVD),
Liars - Drums Not Dead (DVD),
Moby - Play (DVD),
Nick Cave & Bad Seeds - (14? x DVDs)
Non - Children Of The Black Sun (DVD),
Paul Van Dyk - Global (DVD),
Recoil - Subhuman (DVD),
Residents (DVD, no
idea about content or mixes),
Yazoo - In Your Room 2-fer (DVD)

Thanks Adam for that list. I do have approximately 7 of the fine sounding Nick Cave 5.1 remasters [DTS 5.1] from Mute and while the remixes aren't earth shattering, they do add a lot of depth but IMO, the Depeche Mode remixes, MOST especially in SACD 5.1 [as opposed to the US Rhino/Warner DVD~V DTS 5.1] are sensational. I also have GOLDFRAPP's SUPERNATURE in BOTH SACD and DVD~V and the former sounds MUCH better to my ears.

Hopefully, PLAY, which was released stateside on the SONY label will be granted a LOSSLESS SACD or BD~A 5.1 release.

Back