Wish You Were Here Yugoslavia Quad ????

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kvadro

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
I did wrote to Mark Anderson some years ago and never got an answer about the "Wish You Were Here" LSHV-73032 Jugoton Records [Yugoslavia] {The Yugoslvian original issue was in a black paper wrapper that had the Wish You Were Here logo on it.}, from his quad discography.
Well ALL the copies that I checked from mid 1980's (years before the discography) till 1998 HAD NO QUAD writing on cover, label AND the matrix. So what's the story about this item, still quad encoded in stereo release ????... ... ????

kvadro said:
I did wrote to Mark Anderson some years ago and never got an answer about the "Wish You Were Here" LSHV-73032 Jugoton Records [Yugoslavia] {The Yugoslvian original issue was in a black paper wrapper that had the Wish You Were Here logo on it.}, from his quad discography.
Well ALL the copies that I checked from mid 1980's (years before the discography) till 1998 HAD NO QUAD writing on cover, label AND the matrix. So what's the story about this item, still quad encoded in stereo release ????... ... ????
ANY news about this one ????

Cai Campbell said:
It was but now it's not. Wait. Now it is again.
So was it a quad encoded in stereo release OR NOT, please do not confuse people who are not aware about the old sugar cubes mind's function, thanks. I really need a serious answer on that question, so please do not get carry away to much, (and thanks again).

kvadro said:
So was it a quad encoded in stereo release OR NOT, please do not confuse people who are not aware about the old sugar cubes mind's function, thanks. I really need a serious answer on that question, so please do not get carry away to much, (and thanks again).

Damn i remember those sugar cubes,Or .....maybe not. I do remember that everyone should get water that has been enhanced, or at least a few shrooms.Then serious questions get answered, and ya get carried away too much. But world peace ensues. Quad all around!

ArmyOfQuad said:
Weren't the sugar cubes on that archies quad tape?
Y or What the ? does that mean, You been doing liberty caps<<<<

kvadro said:
Anyone knows Mark Anderson ?? Can someone ask him about this, I still need to know the right story on this one

Hello Kvadro,

The discographies have always been a work in progress. I wish I owned every recording in a surround format that was ever produced on the planet. Unfortunatly that cannot be the case. I rely on my own collection and information and questions from collectors like yourself.
I am sorry if I never responded to your email. I always do respond to even the lamest questions. Your email must of been lost in all the spam I have received having my email address on my web pages since '94.
As for your question in regards to the WYWH yugo album. This album info was supplied by Vernon Finch, the Pink Floyd Discography's (hopefully i have the name right, I am going by memory).
The discography is not 100% accurate and I encourage questioning if an actual release exists. I myself recently posted a question to this web site to see if anyone else had ever seen a miles davis Q8 I have been chasing for years. I still get enjoyment chasing information like this, it makes our hobby interesting this many years later.
This site is a great resource for Quad collector's. Hopefully by now you have an answer to your question. Sorry for the response so many years late. You must understand that my work and family is a priority and I just do not have the time I used to to devote to the discography.
I do still accept corrections to the discography's and hope to publish them when enough are collected and time permits.
If any one has additions or corrections to the discography's, I encourage them to share it so that there is a one stop shop for surround discography info.
I started the site since all record collecting guides did not have reliable documentation on surround formats. They always seemed to be more interested in mono vs. stereo information.
How many different record collecting guides have you seen list Pink Floyd - Animals being released in Quad? I can't think of one that did not!
The discography was made by collectors who not only added contributions but questioned exisitng information listed. This is why it is such a good resource to all, not only for what is released, but also what was not, even if a catalog number was issued. I hope we can get some resolution to your question.

Kindest Regards

Mark Anderson

Cheers to Mark for all of his work. His site is an important part of the internet quad community!

Mark Anderson said:
Hello Kvadro,

The discographies have always been a work in progress. I wish I owned every recording in a surround format that was ever produced on the planet. Unfortunatly that cannot be the case. I rely on my own collection and information and questions from collectors like yourself.
I am sorry if I never responded to your email. I always do respond to even the lamest questions. Your email must of been lost in all the spam I have received having my email address on my web pages since '94.
As for your question in regards to the WYWH yugo album. This album info was supplied by Vernon Finch, the Pink Floyd Discography's (hopefully i have the name right, I am going by memory).
The discography is not 100% accurate and I encourage questioning if an actual release exists. I myself recently posted a question to this web site to see if anyone else had ever seen a miles davis Q8 I have been chasing for years. I still get enjoyment chasing information like this, it makes our hobby interesting this many years later.
This site is a great resource for Quad collector's. Hopefully by now you have an answer to your question. Sorry for the response so many years late. You must understand that my work and family is a priority and I just do not have the time I used to to devote to the discography.
I do still accept corrections to the discography's and hope to publish them when enough are collected and time permits.
If any one has additions or corrections to the discography's, I encourage them to share it so that there is a one stop shop for surround discography info.
I started the site since all record collecting guides did not have reliable documentation on surround formats. They always seemed to be more interested in mono vs. stereo information.
How many different record collecting guides have you seen list Pink Floyd - Animals being released in Quad? I can't think of one that did not!
The discography was made by collectors who not only added contributions but questioned exisitng information listed. This is why it is such a good resource to all, not only for what is released, but also what was not, even if a catalog number was issued. I hope we can get some resolution to your question.

Kindest Regards

Mark Anderson
Mark, many thanks for all your writing !! So I went AGAIN to Vernon Fitch super Pink Floyd site and I couldn't find any quadraphonic writing for the "Wish You Were Here" Yugoslavian release. See again his page :
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PFArchives/DYugo.htm
So.... ????

Hello Kvadro,

Mark Anderson

OK NOT QUAD!!!
This BROWN paper copy we are talking about has on the matrix:
Face A : LHVS-73032-1 251079 DP
Face B : LSHV-73032-2 270679 DP

Same as for the BLACK Yugoslavian paper copy:
matrix:
Face A : LHV-S61 3032-1 20477 MR
Face B : LHVS 73032-2 73032-2 29176 ZP

and same too for the WHITE Yugoslavian paper copy:
matrix:
Face A : LHVS 73032-1 2 6 80 SB
Face B : LSHV 73032-2 29 5 80 SB

So 3 different color paper copies release in Yugoslavia and STEREO only alas

Mark as for your question about the miles davis Q8 the answer is here:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?13708-Columbia-SQD101-7-quot-Sampler-from-the-CBS-Technology-Center
"normally" so you should have seen it by now, but just in case

Attachments

• Wishyouwerehere.jpg
    Wishyouwerehere.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 165
Back