Woohoo! Clapton SACDs 6/15!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelydave

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
UMG's New Formats site has the 3 Clapton SACDs (461 Ocean Blvd., Slowhand, Derek & The Dominos) listed for release on 6/15. Also new to the coming soon section are Sheryl Crow 'The Globe Sessions' and The Marvin Gaye Collection, which are already on DVD-Audio as far as I know. The 6 Steely Dan titles have also shown up in the coming soon section.

I have to admit, I was the earliest of early DVD-Audio adopters - I bought Brain Salad Surgery the week it was released. I got an SACD player about a year ago and in the time since, my SACD collection has grown to well outnumber the number of DVD-Audios I posess. That's not because I like the SACD format better, it's entirely due to the fact that the people who are releasing discs at a much quicker rate than DVD-Audio. I really hope that WEA pulls their head out of their congolmerated butt soon in regards to the frequency of releases. They've got an amazing back catalogue just ready to be mined for new DVD-Audio releases. I admit, Sony isn't doing that much better of a job, but at least they've had some SACDs in the last 6 months or so.

Between the Allman Bros, Clapton, and Steely Dan SACDs, UMG is going to be getting a lot of my money this summer - how can I not buy them all!

Dave.

Wow, "Slowhand"!! Great news. These are must buys.....

Back