Wow! Sansui X-2 QS Decoder

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. It might be fun to bid on this (geez, it's starting to cost a lot of money to hang out on this board... ;) )

"Created for professional use in the broadcast industry"? Hmmm...I wonder if there's a companion encoder to this piece (which I think would be of more use in a broadcast situation). Anyone heard of such a beast...?

bizmopeen said:
Interesting. It might be fun to bid on this (geez, it's starting to cost a lot of money to hang out on this board... ;) )

"Created for professional use in the broadcast industry"? Hmmm...I wonder if there's a companion encoder to this piece (which I think would be of more use in a broadcast situation). Anyone heard of such a beast...?
Never seen this unit before, but there is a companion encoder that matches a qsd1. I have one and may ebay it.

quadtrade said:
Never seen this unit before, but there is a companion encoder that matches a qsd1. I have one and may ebay it.

Wow, very cool! Please keep us Ebay junkies posted if you do, Tad! :D

This was already on eBay once! Musta been a bad bidder!

Created for professional use in the broadcast industry"?

IIRC, this was going to be one of the bits of the Sansui Quad FM system that was "adopted" in 1978. They were going to sell them to radio to decode QS discs in the studio. But they never got past a test run with the gear.

Clark

rustyandi said:
No I was the high bid but he wanted more
ron
OOps! Sorry Ron, I did not mean to insinuate anything. I just couldn't find that old auction, and this one looked exactly the same.

:-jon

Congrats on snagging the unit, Christopher! $200.00 is a killer price, if you ask me. You'll have to let us know how it sounds.

well thank you, I was a bit suprised to win it at that price...if only tates were that cheap...
anyway I should have it next week (hopefully) just when I'm about to move into my newly renovated house...
then I can compare it against my 2 QRX receivers and with some of my qs
lp's against some of my dts cdr stuff of the same titles.

Back