Wrong!!!! All of you are WRONG!!!!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obbop

600 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
This guy told me so:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50596&item=5701846383&rd=1

According to him:

"FISHER/SEARS BEST ULTIMATE 4- CHANNEL GODZILLA
SUPER RECEIVER BLOWS PIONEER-MARANTZ-SANSUI AWAY"

There. Take that. Piffle on your Vario-Matrix and monster Marantz' and your Tates!!!!!!!

He says the ultimate in quad was....

SEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"...YOU have the opportunity buy the biggest, badest, and last of the REAL Sears Best super receivers. Look at the pictures of this awesome 4-channel Monster. Try to imagine the watts it must push. This puppy weighs 48lbs unpacked."

Not just SEARS!!!!!!!!!!

NO!!!

SEARS BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just know ya'll will be tossing those rotten old Sansuis and Marantz et al into the garbage and rushing out to grab a........

SEARS BEST!!!!!!!!!

Yep. You betcha'.

Interesting item. Looks like an early Fisher knock off, as is the case with all Sears hardware - made by others and sold under their name. Although this fellow seems to remember Sears' heyday, it doesn't seem likely that he was an audiophile back then. If he had been, rather than going on about Sears in the day, hew would dwell on Fishers reputation back in the 50s and 60s with other American brands like Dynaco and Scott, as well as brands like Marantz and Macintosh for high quality gear. Fisher was on the downward slide at the time they were branding Sars in the earl '70s, and although I'm sure this unit has very simmple decoding only, the amp section is probably fairly nice for the time and market. That's what he shoudl be pushing in my opinion.
Marc

Marcsten said:
Interesting item. Looks like an early Fisher knock off, as is the case with all Sears hardware - made by others and sold under their name. Although this fellow seems to remember Sears' heyday, it doesn't seem likely that he was an audiophile back then. If he had been, rather than going on about Sears in the day, hew would dwell on Fishers reputation back in the 50s and 60s with other American brands like Dynaco and Scott, as well as brands like Marantz and Macintosh for high quality gear. Fisher was on the downward slide at the time they were branding Sars in the earl '70s, and although I'm sure this unit has very simmple decoding only, the amp section is probably fairly nice for the time and market. That's what he shoudl be pushing in my opinion.
Marc

"Kick back and listen to the good times..." (Grin) :smokin
Then he mentions, of course, that this piece of gear has been sleeping for the last 12 years. Hmm. Never let the truth (or inconsistancy) get in the way of a good story... :D
To be fair, an impressive looking reciever -one of the nicest I've ever seen in fact, and, luddite that I am, in the UK, we've (or I at least, and I suspect I'm not alone in this) never heard of this manufacturer, so, at least, I have now. Would look good on the rack wouldn't it; especailly at night. I suspect it does have reasonable power too, though weight isn't an especially accurate indicator of this -I built an amp for a friend two months ago weighing 35lbs that kicks out all of 8 watts -though the fact that it was a single-ended 300B valve amp kit may have something to do with that...
What I'd really like to build is a power amp with 211's... :banana:

Obbop said:
"...YOU have the opportunity buy the biggest, badest, and last of the REAL Sears Best super receivers. Look at the pictures of this awesome 4-channel Monster. Try to imagine the watts it must push. This puppy weighs 48lbs unpacked."
QUOTE]

C'mon, guys, everyone knows that it's not about how your amp decodes a signal or how much power it's got, it's all about how much it WEIGHS. :rolleyes:

bizmopeen said:
Obbop said:
C'mon, guys, everyone knows that it's not about how your amp decodes a signal or how much power it's got, it's all about how much it WEIGHS. :rolleyes:

Well, that is how I have always picked out my women! Most of them can't decode worth a crap ... but ... or should I say ... butt ... :eek: Mike.

I missed this one in the catalog,must have used that page for something else.

Yep, but if you look closely this is actually Fisher 634 quad receiver in drag! :D Full logic SQ,with two other SQ variant positions to play with for synthing stereo,etc.,CD-4 demod,35 watts rms per chan. in quad, an unbelievable 105 watts per chan. in strapped stereo mode!! :mad:@: The midrange control is a nice touch..left-right adjustable,while the bass and treble controls are front -back,weird?? :mad:@: As far as it beating out all the receivers he mentions hmm...he obviously hasn't seen and heard the others compared to this. It was a good unit,the last and biggest Fisher built for its' venture into quadraphonics,received good ratings in reviews,but Godzilla???,..thats' overdoing it a bit. But, hey! if we wait it may get down to a buy it now of $75 and I might even consider it! :rolleyes:

Back