Yes - Close To the Edge... DVD-A 5.1 version with more titles to follow.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbre4

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Original Stereo Mixes

Close To The Edge – 18:43 – Flat Transfer from original master – 24/96 MLP Lossless
And You And I – 10:09 – Flat Transfer from original master – 24/96 MLP Lossless
Siberian Khatru – 09:01 – Flat Transfer from original master – 24/96 MLP Lossless

America

America – 10:31 – Flat Transfer from original master – 24/96 MLP Lossless
Actually, apart from anything else, this is what makes my eyes fill with tears. :D

We're all sad that we'll be senior citizens by the time all of the Yes titles come out on deluxe 5.1.

We're all sad that we'll be senior citizens by the time all of the Yes titles come out on deluxe 5.1.

So true! So sad! :p I've been saying this for years on here! We'll all be past it by the time all this quad & surround stuff finally makes it out! I'm still young-ish (37, though I'm not the youngest on QQ) so with a bit of luck I'll still be around by the time stuff like SW's XTC's, Yes, KC 5.1's are all out.. but the top end of my hearings dropping off all the time, I can feel it and test tones prove it.. combination of work (I'm a builder) and play (gigs/clubs/karaoke bars :eek: etc.) I guess are constantly chipping away at my ability to hear the top end of recorded sound!..*sigh!*

So true! So sad! :p I've been saying this for years on here! We'll all be past it by the time all this quad & surround stuff finally makes it out! I'm still young-ish (37, though I'm not the youngest on QQ) so with a bit of luck I'll still be around by the time stuff like SW's XTC's, Yes, KC 5.1's are all out.. but the top end of my hearings dropping off all the time, I can feel it and test tones prove it.. combination of work (I'm a builder) and play (gigs/clubs/karaoke bars :eek: etc.) I guess are constantly chipping away at my ability to hear the top end of recorded sound!..*sigh!*

Get a box . of these (cheap and good-bought one-of 300 ea- 6 years ago and I'm only halfway through!):
3M 1100 earplugs

Get a box . of these (cheap and good-bought one-of 300 ea- 6 years ago and I'm only halfway through!):
3M 1100 earplugs

I've tried, Kap! Those little foam yellow plugs kept popping out and I gave up in frustration (I know.. my impatience will be my downfall!) maybe I wasn't squishing them up or twisting them in enough!? I do wear ear defenders when doing any heavy drilling or grinding (which isn't very often these days) but I fear the damage is done! :yikes

I've tried, Kap! Those little foam yellow plugs kept popping out and I gave up in frustration (I know.. my impatience will be my downfall!) maybe I wasn't squishing them up or twisting them in enough!? I do wear ear defenders when doing any heavy drilling or grinding (which isn't very often these days) but I fear the damage is done! :yikes

Yes, they need to be squished and immediately stuck in the ear canal, I have never had one of them "slip out" and trust me (TMI), I have a LOT of ear wax!!!

Oh , and my Tinnitus Perenne (from ear infections, sinus problems and ridiculously loud concerts-Living Coloür in 1991 was the culprit!) is , as the name states..ALWAYS THERE keeping me company!!!

Maybe you should try some earplugs made for you ears only Adam. I have Filterz earplugs and they work very good.

OK, to get the quotes right, here's what I said. :)
Almen said:
britmarc said:
Original Stereo Mixes

Close To The Edge – 18:43 – Flat Transfer from original master – 24/96 MLP Lossless
And You And I – 10:09 – Flat Transfer from original master – 24/96 MLP Lossless
Siberian Khatru – 09:01 – Flat Transfer from original master – 24/96 MLP Lossless

America

America – 10:31 – Flat Transfer from original master – 24/96 MLP Lossless
Actually, apart from anything else, this is what makes my eyes fill with tears. :D

I am a sucker for inclusion of unfiddled releases. (y)

Oh please please PLEASE let "Going for the One" be next. My personal favorite, I think it strikes a nice balance between being typical prog-"noodly" and accessible. It's also (to my ears anyway, all things being subjective) their best-produced work, and I believe it would sound amazing in 5.1. So please. Please!

Oh please please PLEASE let "Going for the One" be next. My personal favorite, I think it strikes a nice balance between being typical prog-"noodly" and accessible. It's also (to my ears anyway, all things being subjective) their best-produced work, and I believe it would sound amazing in 5.1. So please. Please!
We just need Roger Waters to put a black box over that bare buttock on the cover. Not buying it otherwise.

We just need Roger Waters to put a black box over that bare buttock on the cover. Not buying it otherwise.

I think you meant Roger Dean, but that's not one of his covers. The "GFTO" and "Tormato" covers are by Hipgnosis, who also did several Floyd covers. But point taken...

I think you meant Roger Dean, but that's not one of his covers. The "GFTO" and "Tormato" covers are by Hipgnosis, who also did several Floyd covers. But point taken...
Cupboy might be refering to the cover of Roger Waters album The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking, which has a naked woman on the front. In some countries her butt was covered with a black box.

Roger+Waters+-+The+Pros+And+Cons+Of+Hitch+Hiking+-+Autographed+-+LP+RECORD-479916.jpg
Do you mean that they should cover the woman's derrierre on the Waters cover with Black Box?:
BlackBoxDreamland.jpg
Everybody, everybody: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lemrgn7-LXI

Or, maybe cover her backside with Martha Wash (of Weather Girls/Two Tons of Fun), the singer who REALLY sang Everybody, Everybody (shades of Rob & Fab):
martha.jpg
Wiki says: "Wash was not featured in any of the music videos as it was customary for Katrin Quinol, a French model, to be used to lip-sync the lyrics." "But with the Milli Vanilli scandal still fresh in the minds of the music industry, Wash was also perturbed by the fact that her image had been labeled "unmarketable" because of her size. She was, in fact, so perturbed that she successfully sued to receive proper credit, and appropriate royalties, as the vocalist on all of these songs. Wash's courtroom efforts spurred legislation making vocal credits MANDATORY on Compact Discs and music videos. It also awarded her a recording contract with RCA Records."

Cupboy might be refering to the cover of Roger Waters album The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking, which has a naked woman on the front. In some countries her butt was covered with a black box.

View attachment 12316
Do you mean that they should cover the woman's derrierre on the Waters cover with Black Box?:
View attachment 12317
Everybody, everybody: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lemrgn7-LXI

Or, maybe cover her backside with Martha Wash (of Weather Girls/Two Tons of Fun), the singer who was reputed to have REALLY sung Everybody, Everybody (shades of Rob & Fab):
View attachment 12318
I am not saying that she should be covered up, but I thought Cupboy might have been hinting at this cover, and that he was joking about the Going for the One cover, as there is a naked guy pictured.

image.jpg

Nice personalised cover of Pros and Cons you have BTW.

Back