Yes - Fragile Blu-ray playback on PS3 - how to do it and get full control

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
To get full control over FRAGILE on the PS3.
1 - Insert disc, and wait until the splash logos appear. (You can watch these if you like but you can also bypass them)
2 - Press the Green Triangle on the PS3 remote (the VIEW button) to bring up the PS3 remote menu onscreen.
3 - with the left joystick (or the arrows if you wish) move up to ENTER and press the SELECT button on the remote.
you are now running using the remote control and you have full control over the whole disc and all it's features - it is only that the buttons are not being drawn - they are still there and working..
In addition, the coloured buttons also control playback.
4 - To get the 2015 mixes to play, scroll along to either the RED or the YELLOW button and press SELECT then ENTER
(Red gets you the DTS-HD Master Audio, Yellow gets you the PCM Stereo and green will get you nowhere unless you are running HDMI audio)
4a - pressing BLUE then SELECT and ENTER will start the original master playback.

Whilst in any playlist pressing VIEW/Triangle will toggle the onscreen remote graphic.
The BLUE button will always take you to the next playlist in the sequence shown on the left of the screen playback image.
The numbered buttons will allow direct track access.
If you leave the disc playing, it will play all playlists in turn.
When in either "2015 Mixes" or "2002 DVDA Mixes", the coloured buttons switch between audio streams as follows:
Yellow = LPCM Stereo
Red = DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
Green = LPCM 5.1 Surround (but ONLY if a suitable audio connection and amplifier is used - digital optical output will not play 5.1 LPCM Surround)

I have a Sony BDP-S550 with analog outputs and updated to the "latest" (2012) firmware. The information provided by Neil in the BluRay disc pamphlet and in the above post was helpful, but this particular player does not navigate anything like a PS3. Fortunately, I was able to muscle my way though this incompatibility issue to get it to work properly and finally access all of the menus. Hopefully, Sony and others won't start saying, "Sorry, we no longer support model so-and-so"; and then BluRay discs with yet another updated spec won't work at all on perfectly functional players. Kind of makes me want to go back to vinyl............naaaaa. :violin

Back