Gnarlywood: the thorn in Rhino's side?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should WMG/Rhino dump Gnarlywood and seek a different fulfillment partner?

• Definitely

Votes: 30 78.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • No opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe not

• Definitely not

• Total voters
Just got my latest 4 Quadio's delivered via FedEx (Rhino Artists, 1 Viper Way, SUITE B, Vista CA 92081); not sure if that is Gnarlywood handled? But they were just dropped into a thin-flimsy cardboard envelope with absolutely no padding. Of course one of the cases is cracked to shit in multiple spots 😡

YOU HAVE TO DO BETTER THAN THAT RHINO!!!!

Just got my latest 4 Quadio's delivered via FedEx (Rhino Artists, 1 Viper Way, SUITE B, Vista CA 92081); not sure if that is Gnarlywood handled? But they were just dropped into a thin-flimsy cardboard envelope with absolutely no padding. Of course one of the cases is cracked to shit in multiple spots 😡

Unreal. I just don't get it. It's as if toddlers are doing the prep.

Even more surprising, JP, since you live in California. Mine arrived in the New York suburbs the other day in the same simple cardboard wraparound packaging and were unscathed [all four discs]. Same for the Joni Mitchell Archive set [ATMOS].

The common sense answer it seems is BUBBLEWRAP all the discs securely and have special cardboard boxes made which can easily accomodate both the discs and added bubblewrap.

Replacement SACD cases ain't cheap and a word to the WISE .... should be more than sufficient!

https://www.chamberofcommerce.com/b...ta/corporate-office/2015768881-gnarlywood-llc

Q Where is Gnarlywood LLC located?​

A Gnarlywood LLC is located at 1 Viper Way, Vista, CA 92081

Make sure to check out the 68 (out of 92) one-star reviews while you're there.

Quite obviously, Warner/Rhino has signed an 'exclusive' contract with Gnarlywood to 'expedite' [HUH] their goods and since the terms or length of the contract is unspecified, it's anyone's guess how long this arrangement will last!

Furthermore, Merriam~Webster's definition of GNARLY

very difficult or challenging to deal with

The defense RESTS :sleep:

been involved in big business once upon a time. usually find a senior executive is "in the pocket" so to speak. I recall moving a manufacturing unit to Mexico grossing 800 million. The facility we went to was leased. The Lessor was family to the Senior VP.
Big business is bad business

My point in all this ? Corruption - with no consideration of the end user

been involved in big business once upon a time. usually find a senior executive is "in the pocket" so to speak. I recall moving a manufacturing unit to Mexico grossing 800 million. The facility was leased. The Lessor was family to the Senior VP.
Big business is bad business

My point in all this ? Corruption - with no consideration of the end user
Well this is WAAAYYY off topic, but we purchase our 'caskets' from Matthews International which is a billion dollar corporation and if we call in the morning, the 'unit' is delivered a few hours later ..... usually in rest in peace condition! 🌹

Well this is WAAAYYY off topic, but we purchase our 'caskets' from Matthews International which is a billion dollar corporation and if we call in the morning, the 'unit' is delivered a few hours later ..... usually in rest in peace condition! 🌹
my wife says the caskets at Costco are priced quite nice. But - Shirley - we digress.

Today, was exactly 1 week from time I ordered, till FedEx dropped on my front doorstep. Exactly same return shipping as J Pupster and same packaging.
In keeping my streak alive of damaged Quaidio recieved, one was damaged, but thankful 3 were good.
Now I've only got 6 of the dozen new cases left. Guess I better plan on buying more🙄
But atleast the shipping timetable has greatly improved

Today, was exactly 1 week from time I ordered, till FedEx dropped on my front doorstep. Exactly same return shipping as J Pupster and same packaging.
In keeping my streak alive of damaged Quaidio recieved, one was damaged, but thankful 3 were good.
Now I've only got 6 of the dozen new cases left. Guess I better plan on buying more🙄
But atleast the shipping timetable has greatly improved
I must be living the good life all of a sudden. Bundles 1 , 2 and 3 all had damage. Bundle four had same shitty packaging that you guys have experienced and what has allowed damage in my previous ships.

Bundle 4 escaped unscathed. The streak is over - for now.....

Livenation? That was the corporation that bought all the music venues in town here a few years ago that led to the end of having music venues in town where you might want to see a show or maybe get a sound gig. Installed sound systems that weren't really and sound guys that weren't either and just not a care in the world. Been hoping this would pass over. Hasn't yet.

So... they're into the distribution end now and fucking that all up too? Imagine that.

I must be living the good life all of a sudden. Bundles 1 , 2 and 3 all had damage. Bundle four had same shitty packaging that you guys have experienced and what has allowed damage in my previous ships.

Bundle 4 escaped unscathed. The streak is over - for now.....
Time to celebrate with that plump footlong all beef 'Dog' from Costco smothered in deli mustard and onions replete with a large beverage with 'refill!'

Just avoid their 'casket' section! Unless you speak 禁止的

NOW, we know why there's no GNARLYWOOD SIGN looming over City of the Fallen Angels!

Hollywood | Hollywood is a district in Los Angeles, Califor… | Flickr

I received this email from Rhino today.

Hello Andrew Keegan,​
Thank you for shopping with us.​
Due to unforeseen circumstances, there has been a delay in shipping your order.​
We are working diligently to get your shipment out to you as soon as possible. (You will be sent a confirmation email when your order ships.)​
We apologize again for the inconvenience. Please accept the following 10% off discount code to our online store as a thank you for your patience (pre-order items not included; other restrictions may apply):​
CCGNWMX10
If you have any questions, please contact us at: [email protected].​
Sincerely,
Rhino Store Customer Service​

The problem is, my name isn't Andrew Keegan...
WTF???

I received this email from Rhino today.

Hello Andrew Keegan,​
Thank you for shopping with us.​
Due to unforeseen circumstances, there has been a delay in shipping your order.​
We are working diligently to get your shipment out to you as soon as possible. (You will be sent a confirmation email when your order ships.)​
We apologize again for the inconvenience. Please accept the following 10% off discount code to our online store as a thank you for your patience (pre-order items not included; other restrictions may apply):​
CCGNWMX10
If you have any questions, please contact us at: [email protected].​
Sincerely,
Rhino Store Customer Service​

The problem is, my name isn't Andrew Keegan...
WTF???
FYI, I ordered the S&C, the Alanis Blue Ray, and the Joni Mitchell set...over 3 weeks ago. Like I feel confident to use a 10% coupon to buy more.

First off, I want to make it clear that I do not know if this is a Gnarlywood issue or a Rhino issue.

I already did send a message to the CS department, explained the name error. I was assigned a ticket.

I've made maybe a half dozen Rhino store purchases. This is the first time I've gotten bit this bad. Other times it's just normal crap like shipping an order of multiple disks individually, and getting late ship notices, when delivery already happened days before

If Rhino were really sorry for this kind of thing, how about refunding 10% of my order price instead of a coupon to buy more.

Ironic that I got free shipping for exceeding the $100 limit while using a coupon code as well. Also ironic that there is a song titled Ironic, in the shipment.

Maybe the mixed box shapes got the best of them. Or maybe with free shipping, you get what you pay for.

It is a mystery of the universe how Rhino a purveyor of quality first class product relegates all shipping to gnarlywood.
Does Mr Rhinos only sister have an only son who was quite slow in school and had to be given something to do after he finished his six years of high school?

Back