Hello everyone from nj

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just signed up to this site looking for a reason why I cannot figure out how to connect an mxr graphic equalizer to a vintage Sherwood amp s9700 that I just fixed it sounds so much better than my newer Yamaha natural sound amp and I want to use it but I would also like to have the equalizer functional.
IMG_20240515_161736306_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240515_161756195.jpg
IMG_20240515_161815381.jpg

Hello - It looks like you have the EQ connected to the Tape Monitor jacks properly (granted the cables are correct and not reversed).
A few questions:
1. Are your Pre Out / Main In jumpers missing? (usually need to be in place for sound output]
2. The front panel Tape Mon should be in IN position? (doesn't matter what input is selected)
3. The back panel of the Equalizer should have EQ set to in? (or the audio is unaffected)

Hello - It looks like you have the EQ connected to the Tape Monitor jacks properly (granted the cables are correct and not reversed).
A few questions:
1. Are your Pre Out / Main In jumpers missing? (usually need to be in place for sound output]
2. The front panel Tape Mon should be in IN position? (doesn't matter what input is selected)
3. The back panel of the Equalizer should have EQ set to in? (or the audio is unaffected)
Hi sorry to be dumb but are pre out main in jumpers, I saw that but didn't know what it meant

Hi sorry to be dumb but are pre out main in jumpers, I saw that but didn't know what it meant
My Marantz has them and if they aren't connected = no sound. These are provided as a circuit interrupt so the Pre Out (preamplifier - inputs, tone control etc.) could be fed to a different power amp. Or conversely a preamp could be fed to Main In (power amp section) # frankenstein

I have sound in the phone and aux 1+2 with our the jumpers already... I read somewhere else that you can use the preamp in main out to hook up an EQ. So I guess I'll try that
Perhaps. This is perfectly suited (intended) for the Tape Monitor function and you have one available so why not use it?

I just signed up to this site looking for a reason why I cannot figure out how to connect an mxr graphic equalizer to a vintage Sherwood amp s9700 that I just fixed it sounds so much better than my newer Yamaha natural sound amp and I want to use it but I would also like to have the equalizer functional.View attachment 105530View attachment 105531View attachment 105532
At first glance, the tape monitor switch looks like it’s in the “out” position, which means the signal isn’t going through the EQ.

What doesn’t seem to be working?

Put the EQ between Pre Out and Main In. That's what it's for.

Back