Sept 4, 2020 - Official release date for Doobie Brothers Quadio at $59.98 List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to my UPS tracking number, I have an estimated delivery date of tomorrow (5/24), but the UPS site shows no package movement at all since it was received at Carlsbad, CA. It was shipped using Gnarlywood's (in)famous, expedited "Mail Innovations" method, so I doubt it will get passed off to the local USPS until some time in the middle of next week. However, I have no complaints. I am thrilled in the knowledge that I successfully scored a copy of this terrific set without paying through the nose to some scalper. Rhino is to be commended, but Gnarlywood needs to go. LOL!

According to my UPS tracking number, I have an estimated delivery date of tomorrow (5/24), but the UPS site shows no package movement at all since it was received at Carlsbad, CA. It was shipped using Gnarlywood's (in)famous, expedited "Mail Innovations" method, so I doubt it will get passed off to the local USPS until some time in the middle of next week. However, I have no complaints. I am thrilled in the knowledge that I successfully scored a copy of this terrific set without paying through the nose to some scalper. Rhino is to be commended, but Gnarlywood needs to go. LOL!
I think yours's is going to arrive sooner than that, like today or tomorrow. I just think that tracking and date is not exact with using any "innovations" in there messin' with the system.

Reactions: GOS
I think yours's is going to arrive sooner than that, like today or tomorrow. I just think that tracking and date is not exact with using any "innovations" in there messin' with the system.
I agree. FedEx says mine is out for deliver today. Yesterday it said it was in Missouri and not even moving. Clearly it was moving.

I wish you guys were right, but sadly, that is not the case. As of this morning, this is my status. I also have USPS Informed Delivery and there is nothing out for delivery today, or even in the hopper for the foreseeable future. It's all good. It will arrive by mid-week next week. I can wait. But, no matter how you cut it, the combination of Gnarlywood and UPS Mail Innovations is not a good one. At least, they sent Gene's box via FedEx. Everything is a roll of the dice with Gnarlywood and the chances of getting snake eyes is quite high.

Screen Shot 2024-05-24 at 8.43.41 AM.jpg

I wish you guys were right, but sadly, that is not the case. As of this morning, this is my status. I also have USPS Informed Delivery and there is nothing out for delivery today, or even in the hopper for the foreseeable future. It's all good. It will arrive by mid-week next week. I can wait. But, no matter how you cut it, the combination of Gnarlywood and UPS Mail Innovations is not a good one. At least, they sent Gene's box via FedEx. Everything is a roll of the dice with Gnarlywood and the chances of getting snake eyes is quite high.

View attachment 105876
I've had recent discs fail to get a notice from USPS tracking when delivered. The UPS part of it voided the USPS tracking and notice. True.
And USPS Informed Delivery did not get the normal scan of the package yet it arrived. Hold tight for a minute or so.

I have plenty to listen to right now, so it's not a problem. As I said, I can wait. I'm just happy to be able catch this great deal from Rhino. FWIW, I got an update from UPS this evening saying it left Carlsbad this morning and is on route to Kansas City where it'll get transferred to USPS. Like I mentioned before, with Memorial Day weekend, etc., I'll have it by mid-week next week. All good!

Back