Pink Floyd "Animals (2022 Atmos mix)" Blu-ray Audio incl. hi-res Dolby Atmos; 5.1 and stereo mixes (2018 remix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little note about the new 2024 Atmos release (mixed in 2022).
I only wanted to rip the Atmos mix and the Menu recording.
The 5 tracks of the 2022 Atmos mix, very easy rip no issues.
The 1 track new music menu recording, very easy rip no issues.

What I thought was significant, the new music menu recording is 52:42, I thought it would repeat on a loop, but no, it is a single recording.

Compared to The Dark Side Of The Moon, the new menu music recording is 9:25.

A little note about the new 2024 Atmos release (mixed in 2022).
I only wanted to rip the Atmos mix and the Menu recording.
The 5 tracks of the 2022 Atmos mix, very easy rip no issues.
The 1 track new music menu recording, very easy rip no issues.

What I thought was significant, the new music menu recording is 52:42, I thought it would repeat on a loop, but no, it is a single recording.

Compared to The Dark Side Of The Moon, the new menu music recording is 9:25.
Wow 52.42 is probably as long or longer than the album itself

I listened to the Atmos disc (Standalone disc) yesterday and overall was happy with it. While from an "Atmos" perspective, there is not a ton of content in the overheads. but what it does do, is provide some additional channel separation so there are definitely more details and nuances that can be heard versus the 5.1 bluray (I own that also and it is a great disc). At the price and not being part of a bloated boxset makes this a must have disc. Slightly better than the 5.1.

Just listened to the mix on Apple Music with my Air Pods Pro.
Pretty much happy with it.
Did anyone else notice the almost complete lack of dog whistling in Dogs (around 10:40)?
And "The Lord Is My Shepard" speech in Sheep seems different to me.

I listened to this Atmos mix via Apple streaming last night and thought it sounded quite nice.
Not a big step in immersion from the 2022 5.1 mix but worth the $ for the BD none the less.
JMHO
Yeah, I'll bet eventually order it. I wanted to read some feedback first that it wasn't a step down from the 5.1. The price is right as well.

I'm happy with my height speakers being used to expand the 5.1 mix.
It just gives this release that extra clarity and warmth.
Yes, I'm pleased with the 'Atmos', interpretation.
I enjoyed it as well, Mike.

But I'm sure in the back of everyone's mindset: When is PF's THE WALL going to finally be released and is Guthrie currently working on an ATMOS remix?

R.7a82d5839373db720ca4d960facac43c

But I'm sure in the back of everyone's mindset: When is PF's THE WALL going to finally be released and is Guthrie currently working on an ATMOS remix?

The million dollar question Ralphie 🤷
Maybe when the bad blood is finally resolved...🤷
I'm sure the Bank of Pink Floyds coffers would be overflowing with a lot of dosh, with the revenue from an Atmos release of this album.

Not everyone's but that's a different story. ;)
It's possible I might be surprised but I'd guess we may be waiting quite a while for this.
Of all the 4 original member PF albums, Waters considers this his #1 special baby.
And just out of pure meanness and spite, he will throw every roadblock he can to delay any new releases of this album.
JMHO

He’s working on a 5.1 version which will be sold to us and then 2 years later he’ll sell us an Atmos mix made that same year.

Not everyone's but that's a different story. ;)
It's possible I might be surprised but I'd guess we may be waiting quite a while for this.
Of all the 4 original member PF albums, Waters considers this his #1 special baby.
And just out of pure meanness and spite, he will throw every roadblock he can to delay any new releases of this album.
JMHO
Yeah, Sal, but Waters has a GREAT relationship with James Guthrie and since it is HIS {Roger's] baby, I'm sure work is being done to finally bring THE WALL to fruition on physical disc!

Roger Waters is currently 80 years old and Gilmour 78....how much longer are these former bandmates going to hold a grudge?

Yeah, Sal, but Waters has a GREAT relationship with James Guthrie and since it is HIS {Roger's] baby,
Time will tell, we shall see.
The lyrics may be Rogers, but the musician ship is Gilmours.
In 1979 the album flew to the top of the charts with every school age kid around the world
screaming "hey teacher, leave those kids alone" and has stay there for decades.
But can you imagine another lead guitarist pulling off Run and Dumb with many calling his work
there the "greatest guitar solos in rock".

Roger Waters is currently 80 years old and Gilmour 78....how much longer are these former bandmates going to hold a grudge?
Till death do us part. LOL

Back