SDE Blu-Ray no.23 new Crowded House album, Gravity Stairs (May 31st, 2024)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Biggest issue with the packaging is beyond the horrible cardboard “tight fit” - this release is part of the SDE “series” which up to now have all been the same. Props to Paul @ SDE for creating a “box” for it to try to maintain the aesthetics of the series but having collected all 23 there now is an outlier.

Listened to the Atmos mix last night and it and the album are terrific.

Ripping notes: If you are using MMH with MusicBrainz, track two is wrong, should be changed to Life's Imitation.

@PaulatSDE Regarding packaging on #23. Not good. Fully enclosed cardboard sleeve unnecessary and does not add to beauty/performance of the series.
Blu Ray unbelievably tight in jacket, not necessary. I just left mine in the center, not putting back in slot that is too tight.
Listening/watching my six choices, will take a few days, 2 videos in stereo, 2 stereo, album and instrumental, one 5.1 and one Atmos.

Ripping notes: If you are using MMH with MusicBrainz, track two is wrong, should be changed to Life's Imitation.

I saw an interview with Neil where he said that at the last minute he decided to change the name of the song to "Teenage Summer". By that time though, packaging had been printed. Any future pressings will have the new title. "Teenage Summer" is also the title of the song on the streaming services.

I had the same problem getting the disc out of the package and am doing the same, leaving it in the center.

I saw an interview with Neil where he said that at the last minute he decided to change the name of the song to "Teenage Summer". By that time though, packaging had been printed. Any future pressings will have the new title. "Teenage Summer" is also the title of the song on the streaming services.

I had the same problem getting the disc out of the package and am doing the same, leaving it in the center.
Very interesting, not sure why one would do that, especially after release.
Lyrics have the words Teenage Summer 3 times and Life's Imitation 4 times, go figure, artist privilege.

Very interesting, not sure why one would do that, especially after release.
Lyrics have the words Teenage Summer 3 times and Life's Imitation 4 times, go figure, artist privilege.
Not important either the music matters

Back