What's the Latest Stereo (or Mono) SACD in Your Collection?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The confusion probably comes from post #322 which clearly shows the original cardboard packaging.

So... what is so special about The Cat?

Oy! You were rabbiting on about the jewel cases back in post #309 already! :p

Its an SACD so it's ultrasonics are bound to piss all cats off. Seemples! :D

image.jpg

I've wanted this mastering for so long but refused to stump up the inflated OOP prices for the original SHM-SACD release, I literally couldn't give a monkeys' if the reissue came in an envelope at this stage, I'm just thankful it got re-released at all..! :D

You're right there. This one is a classic on SHM-SACD. Enjoy !

here's the back cover of Big Hits Of Yesterday... notice the Cedar logo?

Attachments

• cedar.jpg
    cedar.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 130
Wow...didn't know that existed...please tell me what it's like after you play it...I've never seen that title in my travels...

Not bad at all.. much better than the Feliciano (it helps these are the original recordings unlike Feliciano's SACD!).. a bit bright in places and certain tracks bordering on sterile even at times.. but one you should try out I reckon :)

Oh my gosh! Why are you tempting us with that? LOL! Now I have to choose between Blondie and a Nun.

Recently acquired... Nancy Sinatra: Super Audio Best

Japanese Stereo SHM-SACD of Fairport Convention's "Liege And Leaf" from CDJapan. Its better than the remastered CD, the transcription to DSD sounds good I can't hear any artifacts, but most of the Japanese re-issues I've bought have been very well done.

..............and not a singing Nun in sight!

John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman SACD
Johnny Griffin: Introducing Johnny Griffin SACD
Hank Mobley: Dippin' SACD

Back