Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2019 nominees

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My nominations would be Roxy Music, The Cure, and The Zombies. Stevie Nicks already there with Fleetwood Mac. Not that much of a Radiohead fan to be honest and not familiar with all of the stuff from some of the others. Surprised Oasis didn't get nominated - although they did split up big time!

Devo...really?

Yes, really! It's easy to dismiss them as one-hit wonders if just going by the charts, but they were/are unique. And though you wouldn't know it from something like "Whip It", they're excellent musicians.

The question for me is who would have the greatest contempt for whom: The Hall of Fame for Devo or Devo for the Hall of Fame? Given Devo's "little attitude problem", I'm genuinely surprised to see that they're even up for consideration. But hey, both parties are from that place that's round on the ends, hi in the middle.

Regardless of everyone's wishes, I think it would be interesting to see WHO you think will get in. IN other words, you know the trends, you know the politics, you now know the candidates.....so who will actually get in?

That remains THE problem, Gene. If it was ACTUALLY based on RAW talent versus any political bullshit, racial diversity considerations, et alia, a lot of the above acts would've already been inducted. That the Moody Blues were FINALLY inducted just last year is cause for questioning the veracity of these proceedings....in the first place.

Regardless of everyone's wishes, I think it would be interesting to see WHO you think will get in. IN other words, you know the trends, you know the politics, you now know the candidates.....so who will actually get in?

You know that either LL Cool J or MC5 or both will get in regardless of if they get 1 vote by the public...but LLCoolJ is a pretty good actor...I like him on NCIS L.A.

Back