2021 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've no idea how many can become inducted in one go but I'd vote for Fela Kuti and Kate Bush for sure - no contest! If it had to be just one then Fela Kuti it is. There's Miles Davis. There's James Brown. And then there's Nelson Mandela. Put those three together and you get Fela Kuti - yaaaaaaaah!

I just voted for Todd and Carole. They were the only slam dunks for me. I still think it is insane that neither Warren Zevon nor Harry Nilsson are in. I would put either of them far above all of the nominees for which I didn't cast a vote.

Does the RNR Hall of Fame have any credibility? I'm a prog. rock fan (but is that "rock and roll"?), yet they clearly don't care for this genre. YES were inducted in 2017 (and too late for Chris Squire), after Rush, and even Abba (wtf?) - but no ELP or Jethro Tull. Even Rory Gallagher doesn't appear to be worthy. :mad:

I think that part of it is that the Hall is in the US and the choices are usually US centric. Rory is a fringe artist at best here.

Another joke of a list for the most part. Why even do the fan vote? Where's Pat Benatar again...& does anyone here even know *one* Jay-Z song?

I personally vote for Carole King, Tina Turner & Devo. Not only were the latter very influential, but leader Mark Mothersbaugh is still creating quality music for TV and Movies to this day.

Another joke of a list for the most part. Why even do the fan vote? Where's Pat Benatar again...& does anyone here even know *one* Jay-Z song?

I personally vote for Carole King, Tina Turner & Devo. Not only were the latter very influential, but leader Mark Mothersbaugh is still creating quality music for TV and Movies to this day.
I got 99 problems but the J ain't one.

Out of the nominees, I'm rooting for:

Devo, Iron Maiden, Carole King, Tina Turner and Dionne Warwick.
Carole King and Tina Turner are a slam dunk. There are many others who have been far more influential than Tina but her personal story is so widely known that, especially in these #metoo times, her social stature transcends music. Her iconic legs are also impossible to get out of your head. Plus she’s even older than most of us, and it isn’t lost on voters just how many iconic musicians we’ve lost just in the past few years.

Dionne Warwicke has a shot, especially if her psychic friends spot her that last “e.” (Seriously, I really do love her music.)

I’m a huge Rundgren fan so I’d love to see him get in. I’m not hopeful, however, that that’s going to happen.

Three a year is far too few.

Back