HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE QQ!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here Gene!! Although I will be a taxi service to my daughter and boyfriend about 7.30, to a local restaurant (with dancing to 12+) about 30 min drive away.
Can't pick them up though, as I would have had one or two drinks by 12.00.:p

A very Happy New Year to all surroundy's and their families.
:LB :LB :LB :LB :LB :LB :LB :LB :LB :LB :LB :LB :LB

Whoopie! New Year's Eve! Luckily, wife and I never go out...don't want to deal with drunks, cops, etc. I'll be going to the store shortly to get the usual appetizer stuff, wine for the wife and all that.

What Gene said. (Hey--how come there's no special QQ New Year's banner, featuring a grumpy Jon in a party hat with noisemakers, confetti, and balloons?)

I don't know of any good surround versions of "What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?" (or Horace Silver's "Peace," the other new year's jazz standard). But NPR is airing four great jazz sets tonight--even if, sadly, they're not broadcasting in SQ or UHJ or whatever. FWIW, the bands' personnel do include some people who have been recorded and/or mixed for surround: saxophonist David Sánchez, multi-reedist Sam Sadigursky (Jazz Side of the Moon), and trumpeter/composer/Steely Dan arranger Michael Leonhart.

All four sets are already available to stream, by the way. Somebody tell me how they sound through the SMv2!

Last edited:
Whoopie! New Year's Eve! Luckily, wife and I never go out...don't want to deal with drunks, cops, etc. I'll be going to the store shortly to get the usual appetizer stuff, wine for the wife and all that.

The Best of all to my four eared friends! And those with 5.1 ears, etc.

Wife & I going out to our fave KC BBQ place which after 36 years is closing tonight.:( Then to see Knives Out at a real theater. Home to have some wine. Wake my wife up at 11:59 for a toast & 1st kiss of the year.

Speaking of Kiss:

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/culture/2019/12/27/tv/pucker-years-kohaku-brace-kiss-remember/

Last edited:
A MOST HAPPY TRANSITION FROM

See the source image

GOOD HEALTH AND CHEER TO ALL🍸🍾

Back