May '24 "mind blowing" box guessing

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, then there is zero chance we'll see some old quad rerelease. Isn't UMG the only one that doesn't do that?
We’ve seen quad mixes appearing from UMG often in a box set like with Eric Clapton.

Then a while back they dangled out in front of us that Jackson 5 Greatest Hits album as a quad fold-down.

So all hope is not lost, we may see some more vintage quad action out of Uni after all.

Last edited:
If not Carly, maybe David Gates and Bread? That would be four albums, unless there is a fifth "Best of Bread Vol Two". That would be truly mind blowing hearing "Guitar Man" and "Sweet Surrender" in Quad!

Listening to my CD-4 rip of "David Gates", it's every bit as good as the Bread releases!
If only an expanded edition of Best of Bread could be done for Quadio, as the Rhino expanded edition CD was done years ago. Then we'd have Guitar Man - and that would make me very happy, for sure.

Foraging Rhino, tomorrow is the 15th of April....

So when are you going to make the BIG announcement?

Just trying to think 'outside the box!'
They already said they explicitly won't make an announcement for what the title is before the official announcement and release on April 19th.

I don't expect an announcement exactly, I might expect a hint or two which has been the custom.

Something like: It's not an Elektra artist. It's not 5 discs. It's not various artists included.
And then on the 17th a really cool animated graphic that about spills the beans if you know what to look for. No?
:)

I really do think it has to be Joni Mitchell with the 4 Atmos mixes of “The Asylum Years” that’s up on streaming, the two quads, unreleased Miles Of Aisles, and potentially something else (perhaps the recent Newport live album that also has an Atmos mix). Mixers Ken Caillat & Claus Trelby alluded to a release In this IAA interview, the quads are in Rhino’s hands, the Atmos mixes are approved by Joni… it all points to that imo.
Was it ever confirmed that For The Roses didn't also have an unused quad master in the vault? Looking back through the one of the older speculation threads, it seems @ForagingRhino was only asked about Blue and Miles Of Aisles (his answer being that the latter existed, but not the former).

Was it ever confirmed that For The Roses didn't also have an unused quad master in the vault? Looking back through the one of the older speculation threads, it seems @ForagingRhino was only asked about Blue and Miles Of Aisles (his answer being that the latter existed, but not the former).
I later asked about that and those albums and got a different more detailed answer. 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Well, if indeed FOR THE ROSES had a previous Quad remix it could possibly be a Joni Mitchell boxset with the other three being MILES OF AISLES, THE HISSING OF SUMMER LAWNS and her masterpiece COURT AND SPARK!

Absolutely no complaints here if that's the case!

And she was feted this year at the Grammys receiving an honorary award [long overdue] and a wildly enthusiastic and tear filled standing ovation!

3531.jpg

Last edited:
Well, if indeed FOR THE ROSES had a previous Quad remix it could possibly be a Joni Mitchell boxset with the other three being MILES OF AISLES, THE HISSING OF SUMMER LAWNS and her masterpiece COURT AND SPARK!

Absolutely no complaints here if that's the case!

And she was feted this year at the Grammys receiving an honorary award [long overdue] and a wildly enthusiastic and tear filled standing ovation!

3531.jpg
The Asylum Years box set is on Apple Music in Dolby Atmos, so Joni is an obvious (and great) choice.

Rhino had that series of CDs of 70s soul singles called “Didn’t it Blow Your Mind” back in the 80s. What if they are putting together something like that? A collection of quad mixes from various artists?
I really like that idea.
I was just thinking this morning about how they release these albums that have one or two good songs on them and the rest is filler.
AWB, Seals and Croft, America....
I like a song or two off of each of these but I don't like the albums that much.

I really like that idea.
I was just thinking this morning about how they release these albums that have one or two good songs on them and the rest is filler.
AWB, Seals and Croft, America....
I like a song or two off of each of these but I don't like the albums that much.
The problem with compilations is that one person's opinion of the best tracks is not necessarily someone else's. The hits are not necessarily the best tracks either. There is no absolute guarantee that your favourite tracks will be in the compilation. In the case of America the hit "Tin Man" has a terrible surround mix, I personally would not include it in a surround compilation for that very reason. On the other hand maybe in a stereo comp.

I would suggest bite the bullet and purchase all the Quadio's giving them each a fair chance. Then deciding for yourself create your own "Mix Tape".

Back