IQ EVER (25th Anniversary edition with Dolby Digital 5.1 surround DVD)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have now listened to the live version of the album. It is a very good mix with one main problem - the drums are too far 'forward', so they are mainly in the rear. But there is still a lot in the front speakers. For a live album, it is excellent. However… the sound is even worse than the studio album. It's even more boomy (a dull reverb) caused by being live. On top of that, it's just the same tracks as the album played in a different order. There are no extra tracks or extended solos/ jams except for a 1 minute musical introduction. I'm sure it must have been good to see but it does seem rather pointless. It was probably intended more as a memento for those who had seen them on this tour.

I don't want these comments to reduce the estimation of the release as a whole. This live version is a bonus and the mix is very good so all credit to them. I just wish it included some different music from that on the studio album. The release is definitely worth buying for the studio album alone.

Last edited:
Back