Mytek Video: Multichannel DSD Playback at Home

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Mytek Digital has posted a short 9 minute video on You Tube that shows how you can link 3 of their 3 Stereo192-DSD DACs to playback 5.1 Multichannel DSD files.
It was filmed at a recent audio show and stars Chebon Littlefield, Mytek Director of Marketing. It's an interesting introduction to this arena.

He plays a variety of Multichannel DSD music in the clip - including "New Favorite" by Alison Krauss. Now there's an album that would be a very fine Multichannel DSD
download now that it is out of print. An essential for any Quad fans collection - on disc or file !

I also noted that Chebon shows off the Mytek 8 Channel Professional DSD DAC - the 8x192 - as another option for playing back Multichannel DSD files.
Nice to see the options continuing to appear.

Check out the video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qpQkz4ehEHE

Thanks for sharing. Some of my friends were at that Chicago Axpona and said their surround setup sounded very good. Hopefully they will do an all in one box surround unit at some point. Not too cost friendly running multiple DAC boxes :(

I thought their use of an Apple remote to control tracks and volume was pretty clever.

The pricing on the Mytek DSD DACs is pretty reasonable compared to some of the high end audiophile alternatives. Their Stereo DSD DAC is $1,595 as I recall.

In addition to the 3 Stereo DSD DACs, Mytek also sells an 8 Channel DSD pro DAC named the 8x192. That could be an all-in-one box solution.

I hear that Mytek will be at the upcoming Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in Denver and the AES Conference in New York next month. More opportunities to check out their Multichannel DSD downloads solution.

Back