Todd Rundgren: Liars DVD-A

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zabble

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
I just picked this one up and although it is a Silverline release, the mix is superb. Mixed by Todd himself with very liberal usage of the rear channels. For anyone who hasn't heard this album before like myself (it's been out in stereo for a while now), It has a dreamy, electronica bent. Todd plays all of the instruments (except for slide and wind solo cameos). It's very keyboard and drum machine heavy, but scanning through each track, I was impressed. A very good, layered surround mix. Worth checking out.

Thanks for the info. I've been itching to buy something new, but there hasn't been much around. I was thinking of taking a chance on this disc even though I'm not familiar with Todd Rundgren's music and it is on Silverline... Now I'll definately check it out.

I'm a medium Todd fan and still pine for the quad Initiation that never made it to release in 1975. If Todd mixed it, he knows what he's doing usually to great effect.

Back