2 Amp In x Multiple Speaker Selector Unit

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berninahusq

Hi Guys,

To be honest, I never really tested my QRX-9001 right after I picked up it up from a QuadBob restoration in July 2005. Right after, I had remote work assignments in Chicago, Australia and the UK, so I was not home for years at a time. And then came SACDs, hi-rez DTS Master Audio, Dolby True HD and the convenience of HDMI so I upgraded my multi-channel system three times with high-end Sony and Yamaha A/V components. So plugging in the QRX-9001 just wasn't a priority anymore as I wanted to use my new A/V components (currently run by a Yamaha RX-A3020) with my four Ohm Walsh 5s and other Ohm center/satellite speakers.

Recently I added another room to the house and dusted off my four Ohm 4XOs and other satellite speakers and feed them with a Yamaha RX-A1030. I want to integrate my QRX-9001 and other vintage 4-channel gear (Tate II, Teac A3440S, dbx 124, 4-channel 8-track player, etc.) into this room as well, so last night I dusted the QRX-9001 off. It turns on but I haven't connected it to speakers yet (hope it works after reading many posts about QuadBob last night!:mad:@:)

I'd like to use the same Ohm 4XO speaker system and be able to switch the speakers between the Yamaha RX-A1030 and the QRX-9001 when I want to listen to "new" or "vintage". I've been looking at these two units (which I'll need two of for four channels):

Has anyone done something similar to what I'd like to do? If so, have you used these speaker selectors or something else?

Thanks a bunch!
Ed

I'd go for the TEC-905B, as it says there are transformers and impedance matching internally, so the amps will always see a load even when switching, but transformers can distort the sound. The other switch doesn't give any technical data, so its doesn't say how it presents a constant impedance to both amplifiers. With some of the old amplifiers (circa 1970s, the Sansui QRX-9001 is 1978), they don't like having no load on their outputs, so switching over with no load whilst they're on may not be a good idea.

Found this link http://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/sansui/qrx-9001.shtml

... and I always wanted a Teac A3440S!

Back