2004 Acura TL DVD-A Playback Problem

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevin,

That is the very next thing to try. Just need the car to be home and decent weather. No indication of a reset switch mentioned anywhere.

When I was off for the holidays, I took the car to the dealer for oil change and restore trunk light. I brough discs and made my case. Was told that there are no diagnostic discs per se for 2004 like there is for 2007 and later. So I eliminated that prospect.

Replacement Acura TL radio/disc changer on eBay: $130.
Security Code to unlock radio unit: $23.
Finally being able to properly blare some fine commercial DVD-Audio discs after buying the car 15 months ago: PRICELESS!

Took a victory lap today...happy ending to this old thread. :smokin:

Replacement Acura TL radio/disc changer on eBay: $130.
Security Code to unlock radio unit: $23.
Finally being able to properly blare some fine commercial DVD-Audio discs after buying the car 15 months ago: PRICELESS!

Took a victory lap today...happy ending to this old thread. :smokin:

GREAT NEWS!

I wondered how this "problem" worked out, er, if it worked out. Now you will really enjoy the car! :)

Fantastic tim, i too had wondered how you finally resolved that problem. you will really Enjoy your ride now , as the car is an excellent place to experience hi rez surround.

It's true. I'm 110% happy now. My son heard a variety of tracks (Rush, Eagles, Toy Matinee, Seal) until I started Brain Salad Surgery upon which I immediately determined had to be heard all the way through so we just kept driving! My 18 year old son came along and indulged his dad's excitement really well.

I must say I think Elliot Scheiner must've mixed Toy Matinee IN this car! Just amazing.

Not back to work on my time management!

Back