IMPORTANT About the HiRez Poll Section - 2018 (PLEASE READ)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I mentioned on the Roberta Flack thread, the poll tabulation software that HomerJAU wrote discards these votes as outliers (votes that derivate from the average by a large percentage) so they have no effect on the album's actual score in the standings. If you're doing this you're effectively wasting your vote.
Very true. If you are voting a 1, you are saying (according to the criterIa) that the surround mix is as bad as it could ever get and the content is equally as bad, oh and the fidelity is in the shitter as well.

Very true. If you are voting a 1, you are saying (according to the criterIa) that the surround mix is as bad as it could ever get and the content is equally as bad, oh and the fidelity is in the shitter as well.
If it is a really great classic album and the MC mix is a total bust that really pisses you off, then a super low score is appropriate. This is especially so if something like a stereo SACD with excellent fidelity preceded the MC mix. Case in point: that piece of shit 5.1 of In Search Of The Lost Chord.

The most subjective part of the rating is, of course, "content". And while people are free to judge and rate the content by whatever criteria they choose, my only complaint is when people give low ratings because they simply dislike the genre.

In this case we are asked to be reviewers/music critics and as such, ideally we would judge the content within its musical context. To give an album a "1" for content because it's heavy metal and I can't stand heavy metal makes the review meaningless. It might be considered the greatest heavy metal of all time by fans of the genre, but my giving a "1" anyway only exemplifies MY ignorance, rather than any actual weakness in the content.

Back