Adobe Audition 3.0!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdmack

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Adobe announces Audition 3.0!

Upgrade from any version for $99!

Details here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/audition/

One feature that I find interesting relative to quad decoding:

"Automatic Phase Correction tool

Audio from analog tape or vinyl may have differences in the timing between the two channels. The Automatic Phase Correction tool calculates and applies the optimal delay to align channels of a stereo waveform."

I wonder if this will help or hurt matrix quad decoding scripts?

Of course, I also wonder if the scripts for AA 2.0 will work in this new version at all.

J. D.

Is this program better than Adobe Soundbooth?

Its a bit more xpensive.

I haven't used Adobe Soundbooth, so I'm not sure. I'm going to guess that Soundbooth does not have the Center Channel Extractor that makes SQ and QS decoding possible on Audition.

J. D.

I have AA 1.5 which does not use ASIO drivers. AA 2.0 does so I suppose 3.0 will also. I wonder if the converted 2.0 SQ and QS scripts will need to be converted to be used on 3.0. I'd be content with 1.5 if it used ASIO. For me to get 96/24 with my FirePod, I have to record my LPs in Cubase LE and then bring the WAV file into AA 1.5 to run the scripts. Not really a problem, but it took me a day to figure out!

Ed

Is this program better than Adobe Soundbooth?

Its a bit more xpensive.

Soundbooth is a single-track editor for video and Flash. Audition allows multitrack. Unfortunately, Audition is not available for Mac.

the bad news is the scripts dont run - and worse still it no longer appears to have a graphic phase filter (as mentioned in the script)

there is a graphic panner that can move signals through any suitable amount of phase so maybe it will be OK

I tried it this weekend. I couldn't get it to work without the graphic phase shift. I tried the "new" version of it...not the same result. In fact, I got total cancellation on the mix down to create the rear channels. Bummer...

I tried it this weekend. I couldn't get it to work without the graphic phase shift. I tried the "new" version of it...not the same result. In fact, I got total cancellation on the mix down to create the rear channels. Bummer...

But now there's hope!!

Here is a post from Adobe about the graphic phase shift:

-------------------------------

Hi everyone,

Due to an error on our part, the Graphic Phase Shifter was not included in Audition 3.0. The new Phase tools lacked some of the functionality that had been part of the earlier tool, and we understand this omission negatively impacted many users workflows.

We've posted the effect for download at the website below. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any difficulties downloading or installing the effect, and restoring this tool to your application.

GRAPHIC PHASE SHIFTER DOWNLOAD:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3864

Thanks!
Durin
Adobe Audition

Now, if someone can confirm that the SQ script will still work, I'm off to upgrade! :D

Thanks jdmack for posting that!

Now, if someone can confirm that the SQ script will still work, I'm off to upgrade! :D

Thanks jdmack for posting that!

The Graphic Phase shift plugin loads easily (just copy the .dll to the plugin folder and refresh the plugin list within Audition) however the SQ script does not work. The first file (temp) loads but then the script stops. Perhaps a tweak here or there would fix it.

Did anyone get the SQ script to work with AA 3.0? I'm waiting to upgrade until it does. That's all I'd use it for, and I'd like to stay in Vista so I need 3.0 to do that.

THANKS

Using Adobe Audition 1.5 & 2.0 provides slightly different results, even with the same script author. Does anyone else find this to be true or no, it's the same thing. How different in sound will the QS / SQ scripts work with Adobe Audition 3.0. Would it be the same or slightly differant? What could be added to the features of AA 3.0 to make decoding better?

The best results so far (with script decoding) IMHO is Adobe Audition 2.0 with these scripts: https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showpost.php?p=68911&postcount=105:

That is, unless someone has better results using something differant.

I have updated the SQ and QS scripts to run with Audition 3.

Have also adjusted the small guides / walk-through I created before.

Enjoy,

Andreas

The Graphic Phase shift plugin loads easily (just copy the .dll to the plugin folder and refresh the plugin list within Audition) however the SQ script does not work. The first file (temp) loads but then the script stops. Perhaps a tweak here or there would fix it.

The best results so far (with script decoding) IMHO is Adobe Audition 2.0 with these scripts: https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showpost.php?p=68911&postcount=105:

Attachments

• _ Audition_3_Scripts_-_kempfand.zip
    82.2 KB · Views: 141
Thanks Andreas. Your work has been amazing in this effort and is greatly appreciated.

Probably not the right place to post this question, but it may be.

I'm making a pink-noise AVCHD to check channel balance in my setup. I made the source tracks in AA 3.01 and created 6 individual files, one each with a single channel live and the others empty.

Funny thing is that the track that has the SW channel, when I open it in Audition after exporting it doesn't show anything in the SW channel. But the file is exactly the same size as the ones that have the other individual channels. so the source file is inside it.

Any suggestion is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Back