Aerosmith’s Career-Spanning ‘Greatest Hits’ Collection Due Out August 18th, 2023

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5.1 4 Life

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Info from UMusic.com-
Celebrating five decades of definitive anthems and some of the most recognizable rock’ n’ roll hits of all-time, multiple Grammy award-winning and diamond-certified Boston rock legends Aerosmith announce the release of the ultimate career-spanning Greatest Hits collection via UMe/Capitol on August 18.

Featuring 44 handpicked tracks in the deluxe editions with packaging curated by Aerosmith, the set is now available for pre-order, along with a brand new merch collection. Greatest Hitswill be available in numerous different formats including standard CD and LP editions, plus also as a 3CD expanded edition (featuring 44 tracks) and in 2LP and 4LP deluxe editions.

For the first time, the Super Deluxe Edition of Greatest Hitsassembles a blockbuster tracklisting of 44 songs, representing each era of Aerosmith’s illustrious history. Pressed on 180g custom color vinyl, it takes in the band’s five decades in all its raw and powerful rock n’ roll splendor. From the 70’s era, Top 10 hits “Dream On” and “Walk This Way” plus a blistering version of “Toys In The Attic,” to Tom Hamilton’s signature bass line and Joe Perry’s iconic talk box intro into “Sweet Emotion,” and on to their domination of 90s rock radio with “Crazy,” “Cryin’,” and “I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing,” the collection is sure to please both die-hard fans and casual listeners alike.

A true collector’s item, the Super Deluxe Edition is presented in premium book-style sleeves, includes four black-and-white lithographs and boasts stunning live photography as well as iconic and rarely seen photos of the band chronicling their ascent from a local Boston band to the global megastars of today.
The news of the imminent Greatest Hits comes after Aerosmith announced their “Peace Out” Farewell Tour with special guest The Black Crowes. Every night, the band will honor the five decades of their groundbreaking hits as they celebrate 50 years as America’s greatest rock band. In addition, THX will bring their THX Certified Live! high-fidelity experience on the road, calibrating each arena with leading-edge technology so fans don’t miss a beat of Aerosmith’s classic rock tunes in quality audio.

Tracklist for 3CD Edition-

DISC ONE

1. DREAM ON
2. LORD OF THE THIGHS
3. SAME OLD SONG AND DANCE [SINGLE VERSION]
4. TRAIN KEPT A-ROLLIN'
5. S.O.S. (TOO BAD)
6. SEASONS OF WITHER
7. WALK THIS WAY
8. BIG TEN INCH RECORD
9. ADAM'S APPLE
10. SWEET EMOTION
11. TOYS IN THE ATTIC
12. COMBINATION
13. NOBODY'S FAULT
14. HOME TONIGHT

DISC TWO

1. BACK IN THE SADDLE
2. LAST CHILD
3. BRIGHT LIGHT FRIGHT
4. DRAW THE LINE
5. KINGS AND QUEENS [SINGLE VERSION]
6. LET THE MUSIC DO THE TALKING
7. WALK THIS WAY WITH RUN-D.M.C.
8. HANGMAN JURY
9. DUDE (LOOKS LIKE A LADY)
10. RAG DOLL [LIVE]
11. ANGEL [SINGLE VERSION]
12. MONKEY ON MY BACK
13. WHAT IT TAKES [CHR SINGLE EDIT]
14. WATER SONG/JANIE'S GOT A GUN
15. GOING DOWN / LOVE IN AN ELEVATOR

DISC THREE

1. THE OTHER SIDE
2. LIVIN' ON THE EDGE [CHR EDIT]
3. AMAZING [CHR SINGLE EDIT]
4. GET A GRIP
5. CRYIN'
6. EAT THE RICH
7. CRAZY [RADIO EDIT]
8. FALLING IN LOVE (IS HARD ON THE KNEES)
9. PINK
10. NINE LIVES
11. I DON'T WANT TO MISS A THING
12. JADED
13. WE ALL FALL DOWN
14. JUST PUSH PLAY [RADIO REMIX]

Info from UMusic.com-
Celebrating five decades of definitive anthems and some of the most recognizable rock’ n’ roll hits of all-time, multiple Grammy award-winning and diamond-certified Boston rock legends Aerosmith announce the release of the ultimate career-spanning Greatest Hits collection via UMe/Capitol on August 18.

Featuring 44 handpicked tracks in the deluxe editions with packaging curated by Aerosmith, the set is now available for pre-order, along with a brand new merch collection. Greatest Hitswill be available in numerous different formats including standard CD and LP editions, plus also as a 3CD expanded edition (featuring 44 tracks) and in 2LP and 4LP deluxe editions.

For the first time, the Super Deluxe Edition of Greatest Hitsassembles a blockbuster tracklisting of 44 songs, representing each era of Aerosmith’s illustrious history. Pressed on 180g custom color vinyl, it takes in the band’s five decades in all its raw and powerful rock n’ roll splendor. From the 70’s era, Top 10 hits “Dream On” and “Walk This Way” plus a blistering version of “Toys In The Attic,” to Tom Hamilton’s signature bass line and Joe Perry’s iconic talk box intro into “Sweet Emotion,” and on to their domination of 90s rock radio with “Crazy,” “Cryin’,” and “I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing,” the collection is sure to please both die-hard fans and casual listeners alike.

A true collector’s item, the Super Deluxe Edition is presented in premium book-style sleeves, includes four black-and-white lithographs and boasts stunning live photography as well as iconic and rarely seen photos of the band chronicling their ascent from a local Boston band to the global megastars of today.
The news of the imminent Greatest Hits comes after Aerosmith announced their “Peace Out” Farewell Tour with special guest The Black Crowes. Every night, the band will honor the five decades of their groundbreaking hits as they celebrate 50 years as America’s greatest rock band. In addition, THX will bring their THX Certified Live! high-fidelity experience on the road, calibrating each arena with leading-edge technology so fans don’t miss a beat of Aerosmith’s classic rock tunes in quality audio.

Tracklist for 3CD Edition-

DISC ONE

1. DREAM ON
2. LORD OF THE THIGHS
3. SAME OLD SONG AND DANCE [SINGLE VERSION]
4. TRAIN KEPT A-ROLLIN'
5. S.O.S. (TOO BAD)
6. SEASONS OF WITHER
7. WALK THIS WAY
8. BIG TEN INCH RECORD
9. ADAM'S APPLE
10. SWEET EMOTION
11. TOYS IN THE ATTIC
12. COMBINATION
13. NOBODY'S FAULT
14. HOME TONIGHT

DISC TWO

1. BACK IN THE SADDLE
2. LAST CHILD
3. BRIGHT LIGHT FRIGHT
4. DRAW THE LINE
5. KINGS AND QUEENS [SINGLE VERSION]
6. LET THE MUSIC DO THE TALKING
7. WALK THIS WAY WITH RUN-D.M.C.
8. HANGMAN JURY
9. DUDE (LOOKS LIKE A LADY)
10. RAG DOLL [LIVE]
11. ANGEL [SINGLE VERSION]
12. MONKEY ON MY BACK
13. WHAT IT TAKES [CHR SINGLE EDIT]
14. WATER SONG/JANIE'S GOT A GUN
15. GOING DOWN / LOVE IN AN ELEVATOR

DISC THREE

1. THE OTHER SIDE
2. LIVIN' ON THE EDGE [CHR EDIT]
3. AMAZING [CHR SINGLE EDIT]
4. GET A GRIP
5. CRYIN'
6. EAT THE RICH
7. CRAZY [RADIO EDIT]
8. FALLING IN LOVE (IS HARD ON THE KNEES)
9. PINK
10. NINE LIVES
11. I DON'T WANT TO MISS A THING
12. JADED
13. WE ALL FALL DOWN
14. JUST PUSH PLAY [RADIO REMIX]
Disc 2, between about tracks 10 and 11 is where I "Draw the Line". 😉

I already have the "Oh Yeah" sacd that 4-ears mentioned, plus a few others including the Pandora's box set.
I think I will concentrate on the re-issues of all their studio albums on July 23rd. If the reviews are good and they have better DR numbers than the last batch with some of the remnants of "the loudness war" removed. Then I can make my own greatest hits because my idea of their greatest hits aren't necessarily the songs released as singles that were hits.

As previously posted....
https://musictap.com/2023/05/09/aerosmith-classics-get-new-remasters-for-2023-reissues/
Still, this is probably a good deal for anyone younger that has only streamed their songs and might like to own them in some manner.

I already have the "Oh Yeah" sacd that 4-ears mentioned, plus a few others including the Pandora's box set.
I think I will concentrate on the re-issues of all their studio albums on July 23rd. If the reviews are good and they have better DR numbers than the last batch with some of the remnants of "the loudness war" removed. Then I can make my own greatest hits because my idea of their greatest hits aren't necessarily the songs released as singles that were hits.

As previously posted....
https://musictap.com/2023/05/09/aerosmith-classics-get-new-remasters-for-2023-reissues/
Still, this is probably a good deal for anyone younger that has only streamed their songs and might like to own them in some manner.
Young people don’t own a cd player, i’ve tried to give away a bunch of cd’s recently and nobody under 30 has anything to play them with 😳

This article has Amazon links for the greatest hits as well as the individual re-issues....

https://theseconddisc.com/2023/06/2...mith-preps-ultimate-greatest-hits-for-august/

That article has now been updated:

https://theseconddisc.com/2023/06/2...timate-greatest-hits-for-august-updated-6-28/
There will be a 6-disc edition exclusive to Japan that will contain three CDs of live material:

CD 4: Live from the Soundboard 1977-2016 Volume 1 (exclusive to Japanese pressings)

1. Mama Kin (Aerosmith Express Tour - The Summit, Houston, TX - 6/24-25/1977)
  2. S.O.S. (Too Bad) (Aerosmith Express Tour - The Summit, Houston, TX - 6/24-25/1977)
  3. Monkey on My Back (The Pump Tour - The Capital Centre, Landover, MD - 12/16/1989)
  4. F.I.N.E. (The Pump Tour - The Capital Centre, Landover, MD - 12/16/1989)
  5. What It Takes (The Get a Grip Tour - The Coca-Cola Star Lake Amphitheater, Burgettstown, PA - 7/2/1993)
  6. Cryin' (The Get a Grip Tour - The Coca-Cola Star Lake Amphitheater, Burgettstown, PA - 7/2/1993)
  7. Love in An Elevator (The Rocksimus Maximus Tour - Comerica Park, Detroit, MI - 9/7/2003)
  8. Pink (The Rocksimus Maximus Tour - Comerica Park, Detroit, MI - 9/7/2003)
  9. Crazy (Rock 'N' Roll Rumble, Aerosmith Style - La Arena Ciudad de Mexico - 10/27/2016)
  10. I Don't Want to Miss a Thing (Rock 'N' Roll Rumble, Aerosmith Style - La Arena Ciudad de Mexico - 10/27/2016)
CD 5: Live from the Soundboard 1977-2016 Volume 2 (exclusive to Japanese pressings)

1. Adam's Apple (Aerosmith Express Tour - The Summit, Houston, TX - 6/24-25/1977)
  2. Walk This Way (Aerosmith Express Tour - The Summit, Houston, TX - 6/24-25/1977)
  3. Magic Touch (The Pump Tour - The Capital Centre, Landover, MD - 12/16/1989)
  4. Hangman Jury (The Pump Tour - The Capital Centre, Landover, MD - 12/16/1989)
  5. Draw the Line (The Get a Grip Tour - The Coca-Cola Star Lake Amphitheater, Burgettstown, PA - 7/2/1993)
  6. Sweet Emotion (The Get a Grip Tour - The Coca-Cola Star Lake Amphitheater, Burgettstown, PA - 7/2/1993)
  7. Jaded (The Rocksimus Maximus Tour - Comerica Park, Detroit, MI - 9/7/2003)
  8. Nobody's Fault (The Rocksimus Maximus Tour - Comerica Park, Detroit, MI - 9/7/2003)
  9. Medley: You See Me Crying/Home Tonight/Dream On (Rock 'N' Roll Rumble, Aerosmith Style - La Arena Ciudad de Mexico - 10/27/2016)
  10. Eat the Rich (Rock 'N' Roll Rumble, Aerosmith Style - La Arena Ciudad de Mexico - 10/27/2016)
CD 6: Live in Japan 2011 (exclusive to Japanese pressings - track list TBA; recorded on the Back on the Road Tour between 11/22 and 12/10/2011)

A couple years ago I started adding an Aerosmith album or two on my Amazon orders, because the CDs off Amazon were dirt cheap and included the MP3 download. I completed my earlier Aerosmith, pre-sellout collection pretty quick. It was a great way of getting reintroduced to the band, and probably didn't cost me much more than this greatest hits collection (and I have ALL their earliest albums, not just select tracks).

Doesn't seem like a good value in light of how cheap and readily available their CDs are.

Back