All Iwant Is To Make My Own Quad Cd Please Help

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK. You have DiscWelder Bronze. You created a 4 channel DVD-Audio disc. This will be a disc that is ONLY DVD-Audio.

When you play it on your PC, you get stereo. This is probably the stereo downmix. Is you PC audio card setup correctly? In some cards, you have to actually tell it what channel you want in what speaker, or you'll get stereo.

As for the white noise, that sounds like a DTS issue.

So, what are you using for a source. What are you "ripping"?

OK. You have DiscWelder Bronze. You created a 4 channel DVD-Audio disc. This will be a disc that is ONLY DVD-Audio.

When you play it on your PC, you get stereo. This is probably the stereo downmix. Is you PC audio card setup correctly?yes it is In some cards, you have to actually tell it what channel you want in what speaker, or you'll get stereo. i got that

As for the white noise, that sounds like a DTS issue. when i play the dvd audio disc i get white noise I am using a sony dvp-n590v it plays super audio dts and dolby

So, what are you using for a source. What are you "ripping"? I used cubasele4 to make 4 mono tracks of the whole 8 track quad a time in space It gve me 4 mono files then on the bronze i put one in each speaker tr1 left trk2 right and so on
i recorded to dvd on the play back the dvd-a only played the front on my sony it played white noise

I noticed that in the bronze program it says only 1 channel and will not let me make it any more.

I wish there was a way this forum had voice chat it would be so much easier to explain .thanks in advance

Am I Missing Something here ?

I take the Quad 8 track and record into cuebase le4 making 4 mono wave files.

I then take the 4 mono wav files and insert them into the bronze dvd-a program.

Do I need to do somethig else to them before that ?:mad:@:

By the way the sooner I get these on dvd-a the sooner I can ebay my huge quad collection.

Am I Missing Something here ?

I take the Quad 8 track and record into cuebase le4 making 4 mono wave files.

I then take the 4 mono wav files and insert them into the bronze dvd-a program.

Do I need to do somethig else to them before that ?:mad:@:

By the way the sooner I get these on dvd-a the sooner I can ebay my huge quad collection.

Are you inserting your files as shown below? (2 track disc shown for example. Your's may have more) If so, I can't understand what your problem might be.

Capture #1: 5.1 Capture #2: Quad

Attachments

• discwelder.jpg
    discwelder.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 127
  • discwelder quad.jpg
    discwelder quad.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 125
ok everything looks the same
my understanding is that the track numbers represent

track1= song 1 correct ?
track 2 = song 2 ?

cause to make my first one i have not seperated the songs it is just one continuous track
I was gonna break them down later after mastering the process.

question #2

next to title there is channel in that column it says 1 does this matter? wouldn't I want this @ 4 ?

ok everything looks the same
my understanding is that the track numbers represent

track1= song 1 correct ?
track 2 = song 2 ?

cause to make my first one i have not seperated the songs it is just one continuous track
I was gonna break them down later after mastering the process.

Yes. If you have a large set of wav files, like that of the whole LP/Tape, you insert the 4/5/6 files in the proper place, then click and select INSERT TRACK POINT to put the track markers in place. Of course, you'll need to know the timings from the 00:00:0000 start point.

question #2

next to title there is channel in that column it says 1 does this matter? wouldn't I want this @ 4 ?

This is correct because my screen cap is showing me using individual mono wav files, '1' for each channel.

---End Quote---
This is correct because my screen cap is showing me using individual mono wav files, *'1' *for each channel.

Yes I do Want it to be in 4 channels ? or 1 channel ?

For some reason I can get store bought to play on my pc dvd and On my Stand Alone player like steely dan gaucho but not the ripped DVD-A from Bronze (A Space In Time).

p.s. how do you make the screen shots that is too kool. :)

Well There Goes Another wasted Weekend Trying To Figure this out I guess I Just Don't Get it After Repeated attempts and different speeds i get the same thing nothing will open the dvd-a tat i just created using 4 mono tracks. I am not sure I looked at the properties of the dvd-a and concluded that it is in a .udf format But everything i have read about it says it should play. I even went as far as to take the dvd-a to work and tried to play it on there and nothing. When one of my co-workers said that our work dvd-a player isa dax system and I asked him to explain he said they suck ?
Ok but that doesn't help. As far as what the layout in bronze looks like according to Mr.Jon's "killer screenshots" everything looks good same as the screen shot it supposedly records the dvd-a and then doesn't play in anything pc standalone nothing .:mad:@::(

What is the make and model # of the DVD player(s) you're trying to play the disc on? What program are you trying use on the computer to play your disc?

Back