All The Roadrunning in 5.1?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elroy

800 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
All The Roadrunning, the new duets CD from Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris, is out. Any word on whether there will be a 5.1 version? Knopfler has been one of the best recently at putting out his music in surround.

I'd like to know too; I'm still holding back on that one myself, because I hope that this will come out as SACD or DVD-Audio...
Best regards,
Oliver

Ask and you'll receive(y) (y) (y) DTS surround:banana:

Attachments

• rlr-fr.jpg
    rlr-fr.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 203
  • rlr-bk.jpg
    rlr-bk.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 199
Not exactly a discrete MC recording, this live DVD version inspired by the studio album is nonetheless a well recorded live concert - mostly ambience in the rears. If you're a fan of either of these artists, you will find much to enjoy. Knopfler and Harris are not the most visually dynamic duo, but their artistry is clearly evident and as you can see from the track listing there are some additional well known tracks from their past.

Local PBS here is playing something from Mark and Emmylou, I am recording it here now to D-VHS. It is a Soundstage HDTV show with Dolby Digital 5.1 and I suspect at a minimum it is at least part of this live recording, maybe the entire program. Listening and watching bits of it while it records from a Motorolla DCT6412III to D-VHS, I am impressed.

Apparently it is a show promoting this disc but I am not certain:

http://www.countrystandardtime.com/..._Harris_Mark_Knopfler_close_Soundstage_season

Chris

Last edited:
Back