Auro-3D is now Streaming

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Intriguing. I was hoping that their bankruptcy reorganization plan might involve free upgrades for Auro-capable AVRs (from Denon and Marantz, for example)--but no such luck. I'd be much more inclined to try Auro-3D (and I wonder if a lot of other people would be similarly inclined) if I didn't have to take a two-hundred-dollar flyer on it.

So....
This is only via a phone app and only for headphones?
Looks like. I tried first looking for the app in the Apple TV with no results. Then I installed in my Android phone and, funnily, it groups 360RA music (4 tracks from Bowie's Reality Tour availability, for example) and Auto releases (two demo discs). App configuration lets you select 360RA headphones, if available.
After sampling the very few content available, I uninstalled it. Nothing remarkable for now.

Copied a portion of their site: Together with Artist Connection we have enabled global streaming of Auro-Codec encoded content in 24bit/96kHz over headphones and speakers. You can now embark on our journey and sail together into the world of real high-res streaming! Visit our webpage for more information and find your free listening experience there. Ow, and we added some new content for you as well. CLICK: "learn More"

Last edited:
Still late to the party, with Atmos speakers installed but nothing to decode or drive, so maybe, just maybe, by the time schedule and budget permit, there will be hardware to do both, including a stream or two?

I’m not holding my breath.

It is the same lack (for the moment?) as (is / was?) with 360RA.
The need of a player device that conects with the streaming service, understand the format, and send bitstream (without decoding) via hdmi to the AVR.

We would like the corresponding mch app to be implemented in the future 'inside' the AVR firmware, as it is now HEOS for stereo.

Back