Tidal tech support says 360 Audio no longer supported on Tidal via Firestick.... Options Question

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjc

Help,
I have been using Tidal to listen to 360 Audio and I am now getting a message that 360 can only be played in Stereo. I opened a ticket with Tidal and they said, "Thank you for contacting TIDAL Support.
Unfortunately, TIDAL is no longer available on Fire TV devices."

Ok, despite this, I am still able to listen to Dolby Atmos using FireTV and my Onkyo receiver, but all of the 360 titles show as playing in stereo. I'll see if I can get a screen shot.

What options do I have for 360 Audio? New equipment? reconfiguring with my Onkyo? Should I add AppleTV? Does Apple TV have the 360 albums?

Hope I'm making sense.

Thank you,

Steve

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-25 181449.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-04-25 181449.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 6
Yeah I was trying to get some atmos content to stream yesterday and after checking for updates (none of course) i googled a bit and came across this

What's the current state of getting Tidal Atmos into my reciever these days? I've not heard good things about the Tidal app on Apple TV. Has it gotten better? is there some other streamer I'm not thinking of?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 06-35-50 Fire TV support officially dead r_TIdaL.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 06-35-50 Fire TV support officially dead r_TIdaL.png
    519.3 KB · Views: 0
Yeah I was trying to get some atmos content to stream yesterday and after checking for updates (none of course) i googled a bit and came across this

What's the current state of getting Tidal Atmos into my reciever these days? I've not heard good things about the Tidal app on Apple TV. Has it gotten better? is there some other streamer I'm not thinking of?
So far Tidal support hasn't been able to say anything other than the Firestick is no longer supported for any surround. I am able, (as of yesterday,) to access Atmos using it but not 360 titles. Tidal's webpages seem to have been altered to say that you can only listen to 360 through headphones using android.

I'm now trying Amazon Music Unlimited and so far, it's working for the 360 titles I was looking for (Elvis, Blue Oyster Cult, Billy Joel,)

This seems to be related to Tidal getting rid of their top tier for memberships, and I have done the usual trouble shooting, (signing out, clearing cache, signing in..)

This seems to be related to Tidal getting rid of their top tier for memberships, and I have done the usual trouble shooting, (signing out, clearing cache, signing in..)

I've tried those. No Atmos. It's telling me I need a higher tier, which of course no longer exists.

I'm looking at an Android TV. The Nvidia TV looks like the best, but it's pretty pricey even for the non-Pro version. There are some Android TV box on amazon, but they all get crap reviews, and most look like the same model under differnt brands, with crap ir remotes instead of bluetooth/wifi remotes.

Because I'm using a Fire TV stick, it was easy to set up Amazon Music Unlimited.

I had tried an Nvidia a year ago and liked it, but wasn't able to get Atmos to work with Tidal and Tidal support told me that Nvidia wasn't supported for Atmos.... I know I've seeen people using Nvidia with Tidal, so who knows.

I've tried those. No Atmos. It's telling me I need a higher tier, which of course no longer exists.

I'm looking at an Android TV. The Nvidia TV looks like the best, but it's pretty pricey even for the non-Pro version. There are some Android TV box on amazon, but they all get crap reviews, and most look like the same model under differnt brands, with crap ir remotes instead of bluetooth/wifi remotes.
I heard back from Tidal support, (See below).... So no support using FireTV with Tidal..... Posting this in case anyone else encounters this .... I don't know what this means as far as Tidals continued support of surround formats in the future...

Steve

Thank you for contacting TIDAL Support!

While you can still use the TIDAL application on your FireTV, please note that we no longer support Fire TV devices; therefore, if you experience any issues, we are unable to provide support.

This is the type of situation old school people like me prefer physical product. Streams and their formats can disappear without warning or compensation. "Oh, that album and mix you really like and paid for? Yeah, we deleted that."

This is the type of situation old school people like me prefer physical product. Streams and their formats can disappear without warning or compensation. "Oh, that album and mix you really like and paid for? Yeah, we deleted that."
Streaming is more akin to radio than physical product. The streamer controls the content. It has nothing to do with being old school or preferences, IMO. It simply is what it is. The two aren’t offered as competing options.

If Tidal isn’t available on Firestick, then they’ve lost my subscription. I’ll either see how well Amazon Unlimited does with streaming Atmos (I subscribe to that already anyway) or buy an Apple TV 4K and switch to Apple Music.

Another response from Tidal...

I'm trying Amazon unlimited and so far it has some titles showing up in 360 that were not in Tidal, but I'm still expirimenting with it...

From Tidal:

Thank you for reaching back out to us.

We would like to thank you for sharing your feedback about the Fire TV still being listed as a supported device. We have shared this information with the appropriate team to perform the necessary updates. Your input helps us improve the overall TIDAL experience for our subscribers, and we sincerely appreciate your time and effort.

Please find below a list of Smart TVs that are currently supported by TIDAL:

• Chromecast
  • Vizio
  • Apple TV
  • Samsung TV
  • Android TV

While you can still use the TIDAL application on your FireTV, please note that we no longer support Fire TV devices; therefore, if you experience any issues, we are unable to provide support.
Well, if all it means is they don't provide "support", I've never needed to contact Tidal for support for any issues with it playing through the Firestick.

I guess maybe I'll keep it unless and until I do?

I should look more into what Amazon Unlimited offers though. No real reason to pay for two premium music streaming services if I don't have to.

Well, if all it means is they don't provide "support", I've never needed to contact Tidal for support for any issues with it playing through the Firestick.

I guess maybe I'll keep it unless and until I do?

I should look more into what Amazon Unlimited offers though. No real reason to pay for two premium music streaming services if I don't have to.
My main issue is that I lost the 360 catalog on Tidal, but I have found it useful for regular non surround music on my phone etc.

The Amazon has a 60 day or something free trial and then is supposedly $6.00 a month, so with the Tidal cost reduction from consolidating their tiers, having the 2 services is kind of a wash, but if I ever needed an example for keeping my physical products in the digital download world, this is it :)

Back