Barclay James Harvest "Baby James Harvest" SWT 5.1 mix coming soon!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
In a post about a BJH concert happening in Sept, the announcement also said this!

The concert will also coincide with the release of a 5 disc boxed set of the album Baby James Harvest which will feature new 5.1 Surround Sound & stereo mixes by @Stephen W Tayler additional bonus tracks and a new remastered version of Barclay James Harvest In Concert, recorded for BBC Radio One with the Barclay James Harvest Symphony Orchestra, from November 1972.

31KPbZiI51L.jpg

In other news, in September Baby James Harvest will be released as a 5 disc boxed set which will feature new 5.1 Surround Sound & stereo mixes by Stephen W Tayler, additional bonus tracks and a new remastered version of Barclay James Harvest In Concert, recorded for BBC Radio One with the Barclay James Harvest Symphony Orchestra, from November 1972. Pre-order information will be posted as soon as we have it.

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/barclay-james-harvest-baby-james-harvest-4cd-blu-ray-edition/

Barclay James Harvest: Baby James Harvest, 4CD/Blu-ray Edition​

Released September 22, 2023.
• NEW 4CD/1BLU RAY REMASTERED BOXED SET EDITION OF THE CLASSIC BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST ALBUM.

• FEATURING A NEW REMASTER OF THE ORIGINAL ALBUM MIX, ALONG WITH NEW 5.1 SURROUND SOUND AND STEREO MIXES BY STEPHEN W. TAYLER, BONUS TRACKS DRAWN FROM RARE SINGLES AND BOTH MONO AND STEREO VERSIONS OF A BBC RADIO ONE “IN CONCERT” PERFORMANCE FROM 1972 WITH THE BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA.

Released in November 1972, their fourth album was mainly recorded at Strawberry Studios in Stockport with the epic ‘Moonwater’ being recorded with a full orchestra at Abbey Road studios.

The record was their final album for EMI’s Harvest label and featured pieces such as ‘Summer Soldier’, ‘One Hundred Thousand Smiles Out’ and ‘Delph Town Morn’. Upon its completion the album release was marked by an appearance by Barclay James Harvest with BJH Symphony Orchestra conducted by Martyn Ford on the BBC Radio One programme In Concert. This highly memorable appearance being the only professional live recording of the band with an orchestra. Aside from premiering new tracks from ‘Baby James Harvest’, the recording also featured classics such as ‘Mockingbird’, ‘Galadriel’, ‘The Poet’, ‘After the Day’ and ‘Dark Now My Sky’.

This new expanded edition of ‘Baby James Harvest’ features 4 CDs and an all-region Blu Ray disc and comprises of 55 tracks. The set features the original UK stereo mix remastered from the original master tapes, along with bonus tracks drawn from singles released in 1972 and 1973 and both mono and stereo versions on the November 1972 BBC In Concert performance. It also includes stunning new 5.1 Surround Sound and stereo mixes by Stephen W. Tayler and the promotional video of the song ‘Thank You’.

TRACK LISTING

DISC ONE
The original stereo mix remastered
1 Crazy (Over You)
2 Delph Town Morn
3 Summer Soldier
4 Thank You
5 One Hundred Thousand Smiles Out
6 Moonwater
Bonus tracks
7 Child of Man (A-side of single)
8 I’m Over You (B-side of single)
9 When the City Sleeps (B- side of single)
10 Breathless (A-side of single)
11 Thank You (alternative)
12 Medicine Man (single version)
13 Rock and Roll Woman (A- side of single)
14 The Joker (B-side of single)
15 Child of Man (BBC session 15th March 1972)

DISC TWO
New stereo mixes by Stephen W Tayler
1 Crazy (Over You)
2 Delph Town Morn
3 Summer Soldier
4 Thank You
6 Moonwater
Bonus tracks
7 Child of Man
8 Sweet Faced Jane (previously unreleased)
9 When the City Sleeps
10 Breathless
11 Medicine Man (single)
12 Moonwater (Strawberry Studios demo)

DISC THREE
BBC Radio One “In Concert” 16th November 1972 with The Barclay James Harvest Symphony Orchestra – Mono UK broadcast version
1 Introduction
2 Mockingbird
3 Medicine Man
4 Galadriel
5 Summer Soldier
6 The Poet
7 After the Day
8 Moonwater
9 Dark Now My Sky

DISC FOUR
BBC Radio One “In Concert” 16th November 1972 with The Barclay James Harvest Symphony Orchestra – Stereo version
1 Introduction
2 Mockingbird
3 Medicine Man
4 Moonwater
5 Summer Soldier
6 The Poet
7 After the Day
8 Galadriel
9 Dark Now My Sky

DISC FIVE
High resolution 5.1 Surround Sound mix & New Stereo Mix by Stephen W Tayler & Original Stereo Mix (96kHz /24-bit)
1 Crazy (Over You)
2 Delph Town Morn
3 Summer Soldier
4 Thank You
6 Moonwater
Bonus tracks
7 Child of Man
8 Sweet Faced Jane
9 When the City Sleeps
10 Breathless
11 Medicine Man (single version)
12 Moonwater (Strawberry Studios demo)

Bonus video content
13 Thank You – Promotional video 1973, shown on BBC TV Old Grey Whistle Test – 9th January 1973

BJH-Baby-James-Harvest-scaled.jpg

I have the other BJH surround releases and have enjoyed them, but I will need to hold off on this one considering the money I have spent/will be spending on Who's Next, Space Ritual, and Overnite Sensation.

Also, I have to confess that I'm getting a bit burnt out on Cherry Red/Esoteric padding out these boxes with multiple CDs that contain slightly different mixes of the same material. I mean, do we really need stereo AND mono versions of a BBC broadcast?? I know we are buying this for the surround mix, but a lot of their boxes could be condensed into two CDs + Blu-ray. This was my biggest complaint about the "Once Again" box.

That said, once I recover from recent expenditures, I certainly will try to pick this one up, especially if the price drops a bit. Until then, I look forward to reading the reports here!

I have got so fed up with amazon, I now get 90% direct from labels/bands or shops like The Shed. They also seem to try and get you to use amazon-music at any opportunity, click on a band name by a CD & it used to take you to all their albums disc & on music, now it goes only to music.

My copy direct from Cherry Red arrived this morning..... and 🙄 yep straight on the to listen to Mountain 🤪

I have got so fed up with amazon, I now get 90% direct from labels/bands or shops like The Shed. They also seem to try and get you to use amazon-music at any opportunity, click on a band name by a CD & it used to take you to all their albums disc & on music, now it goes only to music.

My copy direct from Cherry Red arrived this morning..... and 🙄 yep straight on the to listen to Mountain 🤪
To be fair I haven't had that many problems with Amazon but when it does go tits up...

Back