Bit the Alison Krauss bullet.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Veruca79

Pretty excited so I thought I’d tell y’all a story without much of a point. More of a ramble really. Anyhow! I had been in a pickle lately, which AK&US SACD to buy. It’s a well known fact that the buy-in on one of those disks are a pretty penny. I ultimately decided to get the Live dvd and the “New Favourites” multichannel SACD! My logic was this: the Live album is 5.1 but the more I read about it, it seemed that the rear channels were mostly for ambience and crowd noise. In order to get the most out of my surround setup I decided to get the SACD of New Favourites, which being mixed in surround should use the rears for more than ambience. I then got the dvd of their Live album because it was a less pricey alternative to the SACD haha.

Pretty excited so I thought I’d tell y’all a story without much of a point. More of a ramble really. Anyhow! I had been in a pickle lately, which AK&US SACD to buy. It’s a well known fact that the buy-in on one of those disks are a pretty penny. I ultimately decided to get the Live dvd and the “New Favourites” multichannel SACD! My logic was this: the Live album is 5.1 but the more I read about it, it seemed that the rear channels were mostly for ambience and crowd noise. In order to get the most out of my surround setup I decided to get the SACD of New Favourites, which being mixed in surround should use the rears for more than ambience. I then got the dvd of their Live album because it was a less pricey alternative to the SACD haha.
Congrats, I love the New Favorite SACD, just a great surround sound mix. Enjoy your new discs. Live is very good too.

Shortest ramble I’ve ever read. There is no such thing as a bad Alison Krauss album so it’s a win win.

Shortest ramble I’ve ever read. There is no such thing as a bad Alison Krauss album so it’s a win win.
I agree, I was really hoping they’d put out the K & P album “Raise The Roof” on BD, but don’t believe that’ll happen now.

Good call about getting the DVD vs the SACD on the Live album of hers though (y)

Back