Sad announcement at Involve - RIP Lindsay Champion

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had the funeral 2 weeks ago and Dave the Bitch, little Max, Cary from Vass and Stuart from Winovate and myself had the honour of taking his coffin to the grave. The truth is I have been waking up after only few hours sleep every night since the night he died. I am training myself to sleep again with valium.

I am not ashamed to say I privately shed a tear everyday about it..

I delivered the eulogy with my heart in Atrial fibrillation again and next day had it was successfully zonked in hospital with 200 joules of ol sparky. Feeling great again but it was a hard week.
Many thanks for your thoughts and comments
Please take care of yourself and don't get hooked on valium, etc. We all appreciate you and Involve, and wish you the best! Plus we are a little selfish and want new surround master products to be developed!

We had the funeral 2 weeks ago and Dave the Bitch, little Max, Cary from Vass and Stuart from Winovate and myself had the honour of taking his coffin to the grave. The truth is I have been waking up after only few hours sleep every night since the night he died. I am training myself to sleep again with valium.

I am not ashamed to say I privately shed a tear everyday about it..

I delivered the eulogy with my heart in Atrial fibrillation again and next day had it was successfully zonked in hospital with 200 joules of ol sparky. Feeling great again but it was a hard week.
Many thanks for your thoughts and comments
There's nothing like the death of a good friend to make you more aware of your own mortality. Hang in there, my friend. Be well.

There's nothing like the death of a good friend to make you more aware of your own mortality. Hang in there, my friend. Be well.
Charlie, I am sorry for Your loss. That was a beautiful memorial ...all of you Ausie Boys are the cream of the human crop....I think of you every day as I listen through your hard work and revel in the gift of the music.
Dwight

Charlie, I am sorry for Your loss. That was a beautiful memorial ...all of you Ausie Boys are the cream of the human crop....I think of you every day as I listen through your hard work and revel in the gift of the music.
Dwight
Hey my favorite yank

So good to hear from you again Dwight!!! I am really bad with catching up with old friends as I am under permanent distraction every 5 minutes, I really enjoyed the time we had together in Melbourne and LA. I promise when I am next in the good ol USA I will visit you (like it or not!). Us Aussies are really similar to you yanks and its debatable as to which is the crazier.

Mr Champ was also my "best man" at my wedding around 38 years ago. The good news is that I am now sleeping at night again without the help of Valium, fortunately I am just not an addictive person. Now the main problem is I have no one to moderate my lunacy.

Keep me posted on how you are going!!

Just saw this, Chucky.
The real, maybe the surreal thing about getting old, is the friends we lose on the way.
Sucks a big green one.
But we carry on, taking the hit. We keep our memories of our departed friends alive. Such is life. Keeping those memories alive, I believe, helps us cope with our loss.
Carry your friend in your heart and in your mind.

I know that I am a bit late to extend my condolences, but I feel compelled to do so anyway, since my father also died from lymphoma not long after Lindsay did (5 September, 2023), after fighting for two years, but finally losing the battle at the age of 78. It has been a rough couple of years, but it also brought me even closer to my father. So I feel your pain. Losing someone quickly is a different beast from losing someone after a longer illness, but they are both really tough in their own ways.

There are also other circumstances that I wanted to share, which make my loss especially difficult to me, but I have unfortunately been informed that I am not allowed to do that on this forum. Anyway, my heart goes out to you all, and to all who experience loss, and especially those who have during the last few years. I wish for long and healthy lives for all.

I know that I am a bit late to extend my condolences, but I feel compelled to do so anyway, since my father also died from lymphoma not long after Lindsay did (5 September, 2023), after fighting for two years, but finally losing the battle at the age of 78. It has been a rough couple of years, but it also brought me even closer to my father. So I feel your pain. Losing someone quickly is a different beast from losing someone after a longer illness, but they are both really tough in their own ways.

There are also other circumstances that I wanted to share, which make my loss especially difficult to me, but I have unfortunately been informed that I am not allowed to do that on this forum. Anyway, my heart goes out to you all, and to all who experience loss, and especially those who have during the last few years. I wish for long and healthy lives for all.
Hi Ape Machine
Thank you for your thoughts and I am sorry for your father. With the assistance of the Rotary club we have established a Lindsay Champion engineering award to assist young engineering students in Swinburne University Melbourne.

Back