Blind Faith - SACD vs Deluxe 2CD edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Listening to the SACD of this right now, and the mix sounds different on some tracks.
Most noticeable on "Had to Cry Today" & "Presence Of The Lord" so far, but I am reminded of all the various different "Layla" mixes on a well-known bootleg......

Anyone else spotted this?

IMHO, the fidelity on the SHM-SACD is poor, with a muffled high end. I did a/b it to both the 2-disc expanded and the original German CD. The CD's both have markedly better fidelity to the SHM-SACD. BTW, the MoFi CD also sounds poor and muffled by comparison. Perhaps you're more attentive than I, Neil, since I didn't notice any differences in the mix. IMHO, the German CD is the one to buy, if you can find it. It also has two bonus tracks that aren't on the 2-CD expanded. I mentioned this in another thread. Others contend that these are actually Rick Grech tracks, rather than Blind Faith.

IMHO, the fidelity on the SHM-SACD is poor, with a muffled high end. I did a/b it to both the 2-disc expanded and the original German CD. The CD's both have markedly better fidelity to the SHM-SACD. BTW, the MoFi CD also sounds poor and muffled by comparison. Perhaps you're more attentive than I, Neil, since I didn't notice any differences in the mix. IMHO, the German CD is the one to buy, if you can find it. It also has two bonus tracks that aren't on the 2-CD expanded. I mentioned this in another thread. Others contend that these are actually Rick Grech tracks, rather than Blind Faith.

I have teh CD and is a great CD and those Bonus tracks are not anything to do with Blind Faith but are quite nice to have

IMHO, the fidelity on the SHM-SACD is poor, with a muffled high end.
Could not agree with you more - the SACD really does not sound very nice.
I did a/b it to both the 2-disc expanded and the original German CD. The CD's both have markedly better fidelity to the SHM-SACD. BTW, the MoFi CD also sounds poor and muffled by comparison. Perhaps you're more attentive than I, Neil, since I didn't notice any differences in the mix. IMHO, the German CD is the one to buy, if you can find it. It also has two bonus tracks that aren't on the 2-CD expanded. I mentioned this in another thread. Others contend that these are actually Rick Grech tracks, rather than Blind Faith.

The only other version I have are the 2CD deluxe edition (not too bad at all) and the MoFi (which sounds awful) and I will go recheck later, but was fairly sure a couple of those on the SACD sounded like alternate takes.

Back