blu-ray ripping, authoring, media player questions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimfisheye

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
OK, what are the best apps out there (OSX preferred but the Mac can run anything)?

Playing blu-ray DVD audio:
I want to send multichannel surround sound to my audio interface. It needs to stay full resolution (eg. 24/96) - no downsampling! (Yes, I'm aware of how to do this with a DAW which is how I currently listen to DVDA content)

Ripping blu-ray DVD audio:
Simple. Rip the full res multichannel audio files to either individual wav files or a multichannel wav file.

Authoring blu-ray DVD audio:
Author stereo and surround audio files to the blu-ray format from individual high res files (L,R for stereo; Lf,C,Rf,Ls,Rs,Lfe for 5.1 surround). Only interested in PCM digital. Not dts or dolby. Output should be an iso file to burn to disc or deliver electronically.

I'm only interested in the high res PCM stereo and multichannel surround audio. I don't watch movies much and could care less about those features.

Thanks!

PS. I've gotten some recommendations for tsMuxeR and Pavtube for rippers.
I've also been warned about Toast10 for authoring. It has a bug will not let you do PCM surround.

PPS. Yeah, I know I should ignore blu-ray and treat it as a nitch fly-by-night thing. Unfortunately audio content is starting to be released by some in this format only. And they're being encouraged by folks buying the restricted hardware DVD players. So here we go...

Back