Bob Dylan-The Complete Budokan 1978 CD Box Set from Japan

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I received this beautiful stereo only box set from Amazon. I believe it is a Japan only release, although does not come in SHM CD.

A deluxe box set celebrating Bob Dylan's 1978 world concert tour and the 45th anniversary of the artist's first concert appearances in Japan, The Complete Budokan 1978 includes two complete shows from Tokyo’s Nippon Budokan Hall (February 28 and March 1, 1978) featuring 58 tracks, 36 of which are previously unreleased. The audio is newly remixed from the original 24-channel analog tapes. This luxurious 12 x 12” box is imported from Japan and includes 4 CD’s, a 60-page full-color photo book of liner notes and previously unpublished photos of Dylan on-stage and behind-the-scenes at the airport, press conferences and more and facsimile memorabilia such as concert tickets, pamphlets, posters, and flyers.

Amazon-Bob Dylan Budokan 1978 also available in stereo streaming music, Apple, etc.
SIJP-1100.jpg

SIJP-1100_ADD.jpg

I’ve had this bookmarked, but the current price is more than I want to pay. If there’s a good drop between now and the new year, I may grab it. Otherwise I may go with the digital version.

I’ve had this bookmarked, but the current price is more than I want to pay. If there’s a good drop between now and the new year, I may grab it. Otherwise I may go with the digital version.
Yes, HDTracks has the 58 songs for 1/3 the price and 24/96. Probably if I had to do over again, I would go with HDTracks.
That said, the packaging, photos, memorabilia is certainly top notch, beautiful glossy finish.
https://www.hdtracks.com/#/album/6552bff114ea66497f18eb73

Yes, HDTracks has the 58 songs for 1/3 the price and 24/96. Probably if I had to do over again, I would go with HDTracks.
That said, the packaging, photos, memorabilia is certainly top notch, beautiful glossy finish.
https://www.hdtracks.com/#/album/6552bff114ea66497f18eb73
I’m a Dylan fan but for me it’s about the music and while the box sets are great, ultimately they end up sitting in the shelf. I pre ordered this from iTunes getting all the music in Hi Res Lossless for £19.99.

Back