DVD/DTS Poll Bowness, Tim - LOST IN THE GHOST LIGHT/STUPID THINGS THAT MEAN THE WORLD [DTS 96/24 DVD]

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Rate the DTS DVD-V of Tim Bowness - LOST IN THE GHOST LIGHT

• 10: Great Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2017 release from Tim Bowness containing TWO 5.1 surround mixes, "Lost in the Ghost Light" and "Stupid Things That Mean The World".

(n) :) (y)

edisonbaggins

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Two multichannel albums on one disc. YouTube "singles" sound good to me. At least as good as No Man. Weird that this album has gone relatively unheralded, so far!
Just ordered for <$15.

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
I know...especially for an old penny pincher like me!! I did double check. as my monthly allowance was close to being spent!!….;)
The irony Beerking, I could probably live to be 100 and not be able to play ALL the surround music I presently have in my collection....and the pre~orders I have are equally ridiculous.

The old saying: Watch what you wish for!

beerking

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
The irony Beerking, I could probably live to be 100 and not be able to play ALL the surround music I presently have in my collection....and the pre~orders I have are equally ridiculous.

The old saying: Watch what you wish for!
How many of us buy, play once, maybe twice, and store. Then sometime in the future play again but then realising we should have played it more often..but cant because we keep on buying new releases. Its a lovely circle of musical heaven that we are crazily hooked on. I've bequeathed my collection to my younger brother ( he is 20 years my junior) so maybe they will get played again!!….I will be listening!!

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
How many of us buy, play once, maybe twice, and store. Then sometime in the future play again but then realising we should have played it more often..but cant because we keep on buying new releases. Its a lovely circle of musical heaven that we are crazily hooked on. I've bequeathed my collection to my younger brother ( he is 20 years my junior) so maybe they will get played again!!….I will be listening!!
I made a few changes to my Main System and I've been replaying a lot of my older surround disks and it's really like discovering them for the first time. But you're right, buy, play once and store. Not to mention my equivalent passion for Blu Ray and 4K and 3D movies. Really can't keep up but that passion for MORE is always somewhat in vogue. Time to see an audio shrink!

Perpendicular

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I purchased this on a whim by sampling only a couple of songs. My nerves started to rattle as I inserted the disc and hit play. The reason is, what little I heard of my sampling of songs of No-Man, I didn't care for them. On the flip side, this music is beautiful and the majority of it is laid back and relaxing. There are some really good songs on Lost In The Ghost Light but, as a whole, I much prefer Stupid Things That Mean The World. The vocals aren’t that great on either album but the music sure makes up for it. I like the packaging and artwork. It would be great if a lot more releases had an 5.1 disc included. Overall, an 8.

Last edited: