Carlos Santana Presents Blues At Montreux 2004

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guy Robinson

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Well Santana is on here but he only appears on some of the tracks. This is not necessarily a bad thing. This BR is just filled with a ton of quality blues music and is an absolute bargain. It actually contains full concerts by Buddy Guy, Clarence Brown and Bobby Parker. Each of the concerts is 60-70 minutes and BG's is over an hour and a half. Total running time is 238 minutes. Sound quality varies with each concert but excellent would be a word that I would use to describe the audio overall. The Buddy Guy concert is the best and worth the cost of the disc by itself. The sound on it is phenomenal in the quiet sections but has some feeling of constriction/congestion when the full band is playing at it's loudest. Don't let that stop you from buying it. Buddy Guy is a great entertainer and this concert is going to get a lot of play at my house. Especially the acoustic section and "Stormy Monday" that includes some vocals by Barbara Morrison. Don't get me wrong, the other two concerts are great as well. It's just that the Buddy Guy portion stands out from the rest. If he wasn't on this disc the other two would come more to the forefront. Oh, and I didn't comment on the video. That's because Eagle Vision has pretty consistent video on all their releases. if you have any of their other BR's you know what to expect.

Back