DVD/DTS Poll Cave, Nick & The Bad Seeds - No More Shall We Part [DTS 96-24/DD DVD+CD]

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Rate the Audio-DVD of Nick Cave & TBS - NO MORE SHALL WE PART

• 10 Great mix, Great Sonics, Great Conten

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1 Bad Mix, Bad Sonics, Bad Content

• Total voters

LizardKing

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Nice touch to include videos to load on your mp3 players, pity the bonus tracks are only 128k mp3s though.....

It would be nice if the PT/KC/etc.... DVD-As releases did this also :D

LizardKing

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
The mix is quite ambient, but not totally, now and then you get something in the rears.

It really gives the music (Piano and violin in particular) lots of "air".

doppelbock

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I gave this one an 8.

I've always had some mixed feelings about this album. I think there's a lot of very strong writing on it but always thought that maybe he wrote/recorded some of the songs in a key that didn't work with his voice very well - he sounds like he's straining to find the right note sometimes and comes off a bit "whiny." That's okay in a few songs but he's done it in a few too many here.

Next to Boatman's Call (have not played the 5.1 mix of that one yet) this is probably his most subdued and mellow album so I was not really expecting a very aggressive 5.1 mix here. It does give the songs a lot of room but I think a little more use of the rears may have been effective, especially in the few louder/uptempo bits.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Just picked up this disc at a local record store today, so hopefully I will get a chance to listen and vote very soon! :)