Cheap Used Dualdiscs on Ebay

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr8track

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
For anyone looking to fill in some missing dualdisc surround titles, there is a seller on ebay selling used dualdiscs for $1.37. I sorted through and picked out a bunch I don't have that have been reviewed well here on the forum. I don't believe I've purchased from this seller before, but for this price it seemed like it was worth a shot.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_osacat=0&_armrs=1&_ssn=gohastings&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.Xdualdisc&_nkw=dualdisc&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Also check amazon marketplace, you may be able to get them cheaper... but check with the sellers that they are actually dualdiscs...

Also check amazon marketplace, you may be able to get them cheaper... but check with the sellers that they are actually dualdiscs...

Yes, definitely confirm on Amazon. I've gotten burned multiple times with titles that were described as dualdisc in the listing on Amazon only to find out it was stereo when it arrived. I think they have some sort of auto-information system when you list and lots of people wouldn't have a clue what the difference was between a dualdisc and a stereo cd.

I have purchased from GOHASTINGS before and got a CD instead of either sacd, dualdisc or DTS. They only use stock photos and have so many auctions that they really do not know what they have. They do have a very fair return policy and covered my return shipping.

I have purchased from GOHASTINGS before and got a CD instead of either sacd, dualdisc or DTS. They only use stock photos and have so many auctions that they really do not know what they have. They do have a very fair return policy and covered my return shipping.

Ugh, that is not good news. Guess I'll have to see what happens, but be prepared for the worst.

Hey thank you for the heads up Dr 8Track! I looked at the listings but ultimately bought two off amazon for my queue. I got the BJ Cole and knowingly bought a non surround dualdisc..... That would be Guilty Pleasures by Babs because of the good reviews, 4 videos on the dvd side, and cheap price. Sometimes there are extras that make up for no 5.1 but not too often.
Amazon sellers screw up the formats but I have always got a refund when a mistake happens so I don't worry about it.

Happy New Year everyone!

Unless the Amazon seller description specifically calls out the format of the disc, it is total crap shoot. Once again, in most cases, if the Amazon description is wrong they will cover the return shipping or just let you keep the disc if it is inexpensive enough.

I don't know if anyone else does this, But what I do is that if ever I am buying sacd or dvd-a from Amazon.........I will message the seller questioning about the product. I usually get a reply, either "yes it is" or "we have to many product to check or it's at another location" - If the answer is the latter, then I stay away.

Lotta times even on Half.com or Ebay. On Ebay, if the seller has "best offer" applied, I will message them and ask what their bottom price is and maybe haggle. If I see a product that was kinda newly listed and no one has bid on it, I might ask what price would they would be happy with and if I know it is a deal of a price, if they put a buy it now price for that price, I will buy it (duh). That buy it now trick has worked a few times.

The worst thing they can do, is decline your offer.

Thinking some of the people here might do that also.

Also alllllllways check their their Ebay Comments and how many negs or neutrals they have and read the comments. One think I have learned for overseas purchases.........going either way, the seller usually has you at an advantage especially for iffy sellers (yep, I've been burned, not bad, but still). If u get the package and it turns out to be kwap product, Ebay only covers costs and original shipping.........if the seller says they want the product back before a refund is given, you are screwed because US shipping prices to overseas sux it. Depending on the cost of the original item.........most times u end up paying almost as much or more then you payed originally. Go figure :howl

I sent them an inquiry through Ebay about each dualdisc I purchased and got this incredibly reassuring response;
Unfortunately all we have to go by is the information that is listed on each product page. It would be almost impossible to give you an accurate description of the item being that these orders are filled by our brick and mortar stores.
In other words, "We have no idea what the hell we are selling and can't offer any guarantee it will actually be what was described in the listing." So, I'll just wait until they arrive and if they aren't actually dualdiscs I'll ask for a refund. In the meantime, let the bidder beware.

Some of the GoHastings auctions show the dualdisc covers.
On the other hand I just got the cd instead of the dual disc from an amazon seller. Even in stereo BJ Cole Trouble in Paradise is really interesting. I can only imagine it in surround.
Ive sent my email and I expect Ill get a refund and look for another seller....

Just wanted to send an update on the gohastings dualdisc listings on Ebay. I ordered 8 dualdiscs from them and hoped for the best. Of the 8, they cancelled the order on one of them because they ended up not having enough copies to cover the order. All the rest arrived and were as described. They were all dualdiscs, they were all cheap and with the exception of one I ordered by mistake, they were all surround versions. Just starting to listen to them now, but am happy they all turned out to be what they were advertised to be.

Back