Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
I actually managed to find a rather huge flaw in the mix without even listening to the whole album.

Queue up 'Safe' in the original mix (remastered) , in 2.0 remix and 5.0 remix versions, for comparison.

Skip to about 12:20 seconds in...where Squire's huge depth-charging bass lead comes in on top of the full orchestra. A mighty moment.

Or at least, it's supposed to be.

On the remixes, it's gone. The whole lead bass part that normally continues to the big final chord, is gone. (It's there on the remaster of course.)

JJ strikes again?

Someone please verify what I'm hearing.
Maybe it could have been extracted from the original stereo mix and then flown into the 5.1? It may be cheating but if it is missing from the multitracks then you do what you have to do.

ssully

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Interesting idea...need to try 'center extraction' on the stereo mix and see if that might have worked.

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
I bought the Fish Out of Water big box set because I had high expectations. D/V were running late on their quad SACD releases schedule and I got tired of waiting for new rock surround. So I spent like $70 plus tax and shipping on the Squire box. Then a day or two later D/V announces a nice batch of SACDs coming. And I had tapped out my budget for the month at least. And I did not fall in love with the Squire album. Luckily I was able to sell the box and get all my money out of it just before the new single disc reissue. I need to make another big D/V order soon.