Looking forward to 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh boy. Listening to the Zoom tour DVD right now. How I love this music.
Yes indeed. I haven't watched that in a long time but I sure enjoy it when I do. Subtle but good surround, good quality audio & great music.

Ever notice how the watch on Rosie Vela's wrist comes & goes? It amazes me me how production can take obviously multiple performances & blend them seamlessly.

Yes indeed. I haven't watched that in a long time but I sure enjoy it when I do. Subtle but good surround, good quality audio & great music.

Ever notice how the watch on Rosie Vela's wrist comes & goes? It amazes me me how production can take obviously multiple performances & blend them seamlessly.
And, the performance itself. I remember the absolute joy I had watching it for the first time. I had a Polk Audio 5.1 system, which was my first. Great memories.

lol. Well I usually don't look at Jeff Lynn on the video as much. :whistle:

I am not much of an upmix guy, but Fear Inoculum upmixes to 5.1 very well. I used SpecWeb with standard settings on the high resolution downloads and it is excellent. Definitely worth the effort.

This was annoying in Burningshed newsletter today: only stereo formats, no hints about hi-res or surround
Mention is in Apple music

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 18.08.52.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 18.08.52.png
    551 KB · Views: 0
I have to say 2024 has been pretty stacked so fair dispite the fact we have not even passed the first quarter yet!

Is it safe to say surround sound music is the most popular it's ever been?

I'd love some surround mixes with Madonna, and New Jersey with Bon Jovi would sound amazing in surround.
I play Madonna's Immaculate Collection album through my Sansui vario matrix synthesizer (and sometimes through the Surround Master) and because it's recorded in Q-Sound, it sounds excellent! Very spacious.

Nor can I. And to think a Quad mix was prepared so long ago.
And let's not forget the second album in quad !
Two excellent SQ quad encoded tracks came out in 2004 , via the Early Years cd. I think Rob Caiger at face the music , deserves thanks for their release.
Also Paul Hicks plus others at Abbey Road Studios.
17088193161933614471134313560906.jpg

Back