HiRez Poll Air - MOON SAFARI [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Blu-Ray of Air - Moon Safari

• 8:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7:

• 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

sjcorne

Staff member
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2024 reissue of Air's 1998 debut album Moon Safari.
The 2CD/Blu-Ray edition features a brand-new Dolby Atmos mix of the album by Bruce Keen & Gildas Lointier.

The Dolby Atmos mix is also available to stream on all Dolby Atmos streaming providers.

96190-1706256003336.png

Pre-release thread for all shipping/ordering queries and non-poll related posts:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...versary-edition-with-dolby-atmos-mixes.35442/

Nice easy going mellow Electronic-Pop music, sometimes with a slightly 90's Acid Jazz feel to it. Seems nicely mastered. I'm listening to the 7.1 Atmos floor rip from my Blu-ray. I noticed that most songs have content in the LFE except for "2 - Sexy Boy" and "11 - Remember (David Whitaker Version)" which have no LFE content; however the fronts seem to drive the bass just fine for me. The song "8 - Ce Matin LĂ " has good LFE usage that I can really feel.

I like the music, mix and mastering; I'll give it a 9 here.

The music is very good, much to my surprise I like this a lot. Why not a 10? Well, the best multi-channel mixes make the whole greater than the sum of the parts and can achieve a 3 dimensional “they’re inside my head” sound stage. I didn’t get that enough to go all the way to 10. But 9 is really good. And your mileage may vary, but am very glad I picked this up and if you like electronica you should consider this. For some reason, the song “Sexy Boy” sticks in my brain and won’t leave. If this song doesn’t leave my head soon, I may have to bump my review to a 10.

I just love tracks 1 and 7 so a ten mix, could be a better head banger from the tops but still great.

I don't even have an atmos setup - so take my rating with a grain of salt. I remember this album when it came out. Even bought the CD, but haven't played it in at least 20 years. Decent, easy-listening French music which sounds like something certain stores would play in the background while you shopped back in the day. One day I'll get an atmos rig, but not until I move out of this apartment.

Never heard of this band or album before but due to this Atmos release I streamed the album and liked what I heard. Based on this I ordered it at a fair price from a domestic dealer.

Ordering these Atmos releases before release and any reviews is a gambling game - you win some and you lose some...

This one is a clear winner in my book. Good songs, very diverse and a mix of vocal and instrumental. Excellent fidelity to my ears and a very tasteful Atmos mix which uses all speakers in my 5.1.4 setup to good effect.

My favorite songs are La femme d'argent, All I need and the bonus version of Remember. But I would say all the songs are good to excellent.

I voted 9. This comes highly recommended.

10 for me. Really outstanding Atmos mix. Very clean and well done, feels truly enveloping. The extras on the 2nd CD are great. Never heard the Neneh Cherry track before and a lot of the demos are great alternate versions and some awesome covers (AIR did a version of Funkadelic's Maggot Brain????? so cool.) This is one of my favorite albums of all time so to hear it in Atmos is a real treat. Packaging is really nice as well.

Back