Convert multi channel to flac / alac ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busybeingborn

Hi,
I hope I'm not at the wrong place with this question...

Does anyone know how I could convert multi channel recordings, DVDAs, DTS to 24/96 .flac / .alac?

Thanks a lot!

bbb

DVDAExplorer will convert your 24/96 DVDA to FLAC. There is a script you type into the "Run This Program" line to convert the MLP to FLAC when saving. I don't have the script at my fingertips right now but will be back to my main PC in a few weeks and will have then. It involves putting FLAC Frontend in the same folder as DVDAExplorer.

Hope this helps,
George

Yep. I play most of my music from my Mac -- not thru the built-in speakers, of course :)

There are hi-res files that XLD can convert to 24/96 ALAC, others, it can't (e.g. DTS).

Re. DVDAExplorer: This is strange: You're the second person that recommends DVDAExplorer. It can't open my files. Nothing.

Re. DVDAExplorer: This is strange: You're the second person that recommends DVDAExplorer. It can't open my files. Nothing.

I have no idea if DVDAExplorer works on a Mac, if you have an ISO file you must 1st mount the file - if you have the disc itself then you open the .IFO file in the Audio directory - usually the 5.1 files are first..

Back