Creating Gapless playback multichannel albums from upmixed flac files

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikomen

QQ Supporter
So I’ve upmixed a number of stereo albums to 5.1 flac files, but one double album I’ve upmixed to 5.1 I’d like to playback Gapless like the stereo CD does. I’ve downloaded Audacity but have never used it before. Is that something you could do with Audacity, or is there something better to use? I don’t care if stays as Gapless flac files or needs to be converted to another file type. Suggestions? I looked at Audacity, but it seems to work with mono or stereo files.

Not sure what you are playing the "album" on. If playing on the computer as Homer said you can simply use Foobar to play them (the separate files) back.

If you require a single track album with cue sheet (instead of separate files), you can create that with Foobar as well.

In Foobar2000 select the following, Convert/Destination/Output style and name formatting/Merge all tracks into one output file.

Not sure what you are playing the "album" on. If playing on the computer as Homer said you can simply use Foobar to play them (the separate files) back.

If you require a single track album with cue sheet (instead of separate files), you can create that with Foobar as well.

In Foobar2000 select the following, Convert/Destination/Output style and name formatting/Merge all tracks into one output file.

Back